Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach snowboard instructor and also ski instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.
Would anyone be able to recommend a snowboard instructor for a few private lessons for my daughter (& maybe husband too) and also a ski instructor for my son? They are all pretty competent, my daughter is going to be assessed for her GCSE so ideally some help early in the week to get rid of any bad habits that might have crept in.

We are going to be in Saalbach for half term so I realise I have left this search just a bit late 🙄

We will have a car so could drive to one of the other villages if necessary.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope you have a better experience than I had. Usually really enjoy a lesson or ski school. I had a private lesson with Ski School Furstauer. Got a fairly mature lady (obviously makes no difference to me). Lesson started at the office in town so included walking through the streets during which I was berated (not politely advised) about the way I carried my skis, I don't carry them horizon trying to decapitate per by the way. .All she did was moan about it being too cold, about other out of control skiers and how busy the slope was she took me to. Then seemed to get instantly frustrated with my lack of flexibility (even though I told her I'm late 40s with dodgy knees). Constantly looked at her watch and only cracked a smile in the last ten minutes as we returned to resort! Don't know whether she'd just got out of wrong side of the bed that morning or she's in the wrong job? In 2minds whether to get a lesson this time in saalbach, she's put me right off!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't help with snowboarding stuff, but I had 3 very good private lessons with Activ in Hinterglemm last week (based at the Zwolferkogel gondola). Teacher was a chap called Thomas, a young British guy who was very confidence inspiring (much more of 'yes you can, have fun' than 'bend ze knees, you're rubbish', and he never rushed), so might be good for your son. They don't seem to be very present on review sites and stuff (there are some google reviews) so they may be less busy in half term? Looks like they do snowboard lessons as well.

A slight warning - I dropped them an email before we went to book up, she didn't want a deposit and the lessons were exactly as booked, but there was a bit of confusion with reiterating what I wanted when we got there. Worth noting if you are used to super organisation!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That sounds more like it. A bit of fun instead of just being told how bad you are! If I were expert level I wouldn't be having a lesson!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitty wrote:
That sounds more like it. A bit of fun instead of just being told how bad you are! If I were expert level I wouldn't be having a lesson!

Well quite, it's hard enough to be confident without someone reminding you of your endless faults. We needed a bit of the fun, as our instructor in France last year couldn't quite keep the 'you're a bit rubbish' eye roll under control... wink This guy was more "you want to aim for a red run at the end of the week? Well, here's one now, and we might as well scoot down it - oh look you didn't fall over, brilliant job guys, now do these drills and next time it will be easier!"

He was in his first season teaching and perhaps hadn't got to the impatient and cynical stage yet! NehNeh

Best I had was in Norway, a Swedish guy who took us tree skiing (easy tree skiing I might add) just, I'm convinced, so he could laugh himself silly when we got buried...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Homey, and @Whitty, and @ElzP, Look no further than Zink Ski School in Saalbach. They've got a great little team of friendly and experienced ski and snowboard instructors. Speak to Iavor or Georgi (both Bulgarians, who speak excellent english) and tell them that I recommended you to go to them. http://www.skischule-zink.at/en/home.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m definitely looking for fun lessons not ‘strict school’ type ski school if you know what I mean...

Thanks for the advice, I’ll contact Zink.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitty wrote:
Hope you have a better experience than I had. Usually really enjoy a lesson or ski school. I had a private lesson with Ski School Furstauer. Got a fairly mature lady (obviously makes no difference to me). Lesson started at the office in town so included walking through the streets during which I was berated (not politely advised) about the way I carried my skis, I don't carry them horizon trying to decapitate per by the way. .All she did was moan about it being too cold, about other out of control skiers and how busy the slope was she took me to. Then seemed to get instantly frustrated with my lack of flexibility (even though I told her I'm late 40s with dodgy knees). Constantly looked at her watch and only cracked a smile in the last ten minutes as we returned to resort! Don't know whether she'd just got out of wrong side of the bed that morning or she's in the wrong job? In 2minds whether to get a lesson this time in saalbach, she's put me right off!

OMG I know how you feel Whitty ..We always have a private instructor because I am over 70 !! and feel safer when I have an instructor , I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Furstauer , We prebooked our class before we went and we were so lucky to get the nicest instructor , he was so patient and interested in us , I could not say enough for him his name was Hubert .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Zink.

We used Steve Rothwell from Zink Ski School, his number is 0044 7957 333936 / 0043 676 5121 878. Book a few weeks before you go in busy periods.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tatmanstours, @PeteMan,
👍
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A vote here for the Heugenhauser ski school in Vorderglemm (right by the Schonleitenbahn gondola). Mrs LOTA had private ski lessons with Fred and then Frank - superb in every respect.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy