Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family ski re-shuffle

Poster: A snowHead
I think I know which route I am going to take but always better to ask those in the know before going in blind.
My eldest has grown a lot over the last year & is now 5'11'' & I feel he needs new ski's, a couple of years ago I got some cheep Volkl Racetigers 160's & I thought they would do him, this was back in the day when I knew even less than I do now. I now think these were completely the wrong ski for him, he is a nervous skier & enjoys greens & blues & is happy to stick with them, he has no ambition to do blacks, he enjoys his blues & he is more then happy to stay on them (good on him for knowing his mind & being happy). so option wise do i:
1) Get him a set of beginner skis that will be a lot easier for him to use, thinking Decathlon wed'ze boost 300 for 130 euro out of my local decathlon in France (saves carriage) or 2) pass him my 2 year old Rossignol experience 80's & get myself a new set, I have seen a set of Atomic Redster MT in decathlon France for 225 euro, these are piste skis I believe but ok for me as I am not keen on off piste.
Not wising to influence your reply's so interested to hear your knowledgeable thoughts, should say I need these for feb week & I am looking to pick them up when over there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jonny996, I think Wedze 300s likely to be too soft, without knowing much about them. The Rossi Exps probably better.

The Volkls probs too stiff, unless kids ones, even then...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has he tried your skis and does he get on with them?

If you can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, then the second option makes a lot of sense. The main concern I'd have is that you don't hoist a pair of hand me downs he doesn't want onto your son. That wouldn't be great for the father-son relationship.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@olderscot, don't get me wrong, this is not about me getting new ski's I am more than happy with the Rossignol's but you are correct, I think on day 1 we will swap ski's for an hour to see if he finds the Rossignol easier & that my decide which way we go.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny996 wrote:
@olderscot, don't get me wrong, this is not about me getting new ski's I am more than happy with the Rossignol's but you are correct, I think on day 1 we will swap ski's for an hour to see if he finds the Rossignol easier & that my decide which way we go.
+1, if you feel that the skis would be good from him (and it sounds like it) then getting them set up for him would be a great idea.

Also, they are only two years old, and if he doesn't like to extend himself on the piste then they will probably be perfect for him for a least a few more seasons

and most importantly of all, it allows you to pick out some new skis Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonny996, Sure. I understand completely and I'm certainly not trying to suggest otherwise. I guess I'm only trying to say that young nervous skiers often need to develop a bit of confidence and to feel good about their skiing and the more we can do to build on that the better. Without turning them into snowflakes of course.

You might find after the ski swap that the racetiger's are crap and end up saying 'my god these skis are hopeless, how could you even ski on them?'
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Racetigers are never "crap"!!

Always worth ensuring in good tune however...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Racetigers are never "crap"!!

Always worth ensuring in good tune however...

+1 and you do need to 'drive' t'boogers to get them to perform, they'really horrible to pootle about on Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@auntie masque, no. They're not. They are very nice to just pootle about on.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What will be fun, is that during the swap my 110kg frame will be pootling about on a set of 160 race tigers, hope I don't snap them Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonny996, kids or adults?

The entire male WC slalom circuit ski on 165s...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, don’t know until I’m out there, they are in cave and I’ve never really paid attention to them. I got them on here a few years back from a mum who’s son was then over 6 foot & fairy serious into race, so they could be either, I think they have GS written on them if that’s a clue
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonny996, 160cm and GS, will be kids race skis, I think you may be a bit heavy for them at 110kg
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zorrac, thanks, I think I will just hire a pair for the day, on the positive they will do the younger son who is more serious when he outgrows his 140’s
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonny996, over 6 foot, 160s really rather short...
snow report
@Jonny996, They were junior skis 😀

@under a new name, He wasn’t 6ft when he used them just had a crazy growth spurt over a summer after only using them for a couple of weeks.

He’s since grown again rolling eyes to 6ft 5 but happy on his 176 Salomons , did try his Dad’s old Bonafide’s at 187 last season and they scared him silly. Swiftly gave them back saying he could easily kill himself on them and would like to see his 18th birthday.
latest report
@muppet, thanks for confirming, good ski for young one to progress on to as. He's got the 140 version just now & really likes them.

I know decathlon have a great return policy, does anyone know if I could buy theirs & take the boost 300 back if he tried them also but did not like them? That means I. Could use them while he also Tries my rossignals.
snow report
That, @muppet, makes sense re length. At 6’5” 187 Bonafide’s shouldn’t be that bad but I imagine he has skinny ado build?

The Wedzes will disappoint.
ski holidays
anyone got experience of Rossignol Pursuit 100 Xpress as a ski for a teen beginner. Decathlon France are knocking them out at 229 euro with bindings.
snow conditions
@Jonny996, probs OK but only for a beginner.
snow conditions
@Jonny996,
I have some one year old Rossignol Pursuit 400's up for sale on Ebay for £150 including UK carriage, alternatively I could get them to Sallanches for the 9th of March or Les Gets for the 10th. PM me if interested.
snow report
@Timc, thanks for the offer but with UK carriage it would be best to buy in france
snow conditions
@Jonny996,
Have sent you a PM
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy