Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best off piste routes in Lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am taking the family to Lech for half term and would be grateful for advice on the off piste routes for strong skiers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about off piste routes but the iteniary run part of the Weiss Ring is stunning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skilegs, Be very careful i'd suggest - unstable snow pack currently and very high level of av risk. I know lots of routes, and snow conditions will likely improve in next few weeks but I would be very wary of suggesting potential routes on a forum......suggest taking a guide if you don't know the area.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29 is right. Currently (and for some weeks already) quite a lot of closures, even normal pistes.
Just start with the patrolled and marked, but ungroomed skiroutes mentioned in the SkiArlberg plan. These, between Warth and St.Anton, will keep you busy for some time, and all are great. These routes are a major part of the Arlberg-fame. Another part of the fame is the quantities of snow the region gets, and the risk of avalanches. Don't underestimate this.

The Weisse Ring (ski round Lech>Zürs>Zug>Oberlech>Lech) indeed is lovely too and probably one of the first things you'll do. But the Weisse Ring is completely groomed, including the Madloch decent, which is indicated as route but 99% of the time groomed. Still, a great thing to do.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can you tell me the name of the route from the top of the Madloch lift which goes to Zug - I remember a long left traverse from the top then dropping into a huge bowl and crossing a river before the lift to Oberlech?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like Stierloch or Stierfall
Only advisable with guide. Seriously.
Our landlady keeps on warning us not to go there, it is supposed to be a very dangerous place.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
About the Arlberg region, just looking at the map seems like a lot of potential for some side / interpiste fun along with routes on an actual map (what a novelty).

Are those routes/boundaries marked at all on the hill (e.g. off lookers right from Rotschrofen, both sides of the Zugerberg, under Valfagehr, lookers left off St. Christoph).

Appreciate run specific but how to the red / black routes compare with regard to marked or unmarked drops / terrain traps / gradient / hidden tree stumps and other hidden hazards (+ coverage required to make them safeish).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MoonfireSpam, biggest danger is the bridges - be careful around these, as you never know what might be lurking under them.
Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Inboard That's reassuring then. Had a similar rule in ADH along with avoid anything that may hide a stream!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MoonfireSpam, Yes the skiroutes are marked, and secured in the immediate area of the markers. Two types of routes; 'normal' and 'extreme'
No tree stumps, but steeps do occur. Some of the routes are groomed 95% of the time, e.g. Madloch, Zugertobel..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy