Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amplid Rockwell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody used these skis? They sound perfect for what I'm after, but I can't find anything online about them that isn't from Amplin themselves or a retailer!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ummm... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112646
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Newer season I was thinking more of as I understand they've changed a bit since the 2015 season. Thanks though, hadn't seen that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi all.
I just want to share with you all here my experience with Amplid. I got a pair of amplid ego trip evolution from the season 14/15. 1.85cm.
I was happy with them quite soft, but they worked fine.
My surprise was when couple of months ago loading them on the car, I saw that the top and the bottom layer were separated from the central part of the ski. I was surprised because the skis did not have any hit or core damage in the sole. Water went in, probably because of not well glued materials. So it damaged the ski.
I knew that the skis were off guarantee, but I contacted the brand, just to let them know.
They asked me to send photos, which I sent, but surprisingly they say photos needed to be lighter than 1 mega otherwise their system did not accept them. (¿?)
I did so, and here comes their reply:
¨Hi Joan,
Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately the ski appears to have broken due to an impact. Since your photos look like Pop-Art and you aren't able to send images with a smaller file size that don't, I'm going on what I can see.
But anyway, the damage is irrelevant as you haven't provided a receipt and the skis are outside of the warranty period. Therefore I'm not able to warranty your skis.
Regards,¨
So basically those ¨cracks¨ with their amazing system do not get high resolution photos (what about an attached file in a mail??¨ too much technology for them maybe.
Well anyway they cannot manage (or do not want) to accept photos with high resolution and then they complain, and they say ¨Unfortunately the ski appears to have broken due to an impact¨.
They criticize the quality of the photos but they do not let you provide better ones, and then they make statements of what happened, even if the photos are so poor with resolution. The skis have no impact. That´s it.
My conclusion is, bearing in mind what do they charge for the skis, and that they collapse in 3 years, you better go for something reliable such as Rossignol or K2, Black Diamond, Salomon or someone else who, If at least charge you, they respond, and have reliable customer service procedures.
I understand they can have failure in their production, but dealing with their customers if we were idiots, does not help at all.
Big deception with amplid.
Joan Escosura.
Pyrenees.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy