Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 20 most beautiful mountain villages

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/tripideas/the-20-most-beautiful-mountain-villages/ss-AAqoK21?ocid=ientp#image=7

This did make me laugh Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 26-01-18 10:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Laughing Laughing Tignes, La Plagne and that well know village of the Austrian Tirol
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow. Just why. Oh yeah, advertising income. Was interested to read some I'm not heard of not that list! Dear oh dear...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My god that really is a case of severe WTFuckery

No Bonneval sur Arc

or St Veran for France?

Acknowledged to be two of the best preserved mountain villages in the country.

I mean Tignes, it is a bold Gallic statement of "we don't give a fuck about the environment, this is Man dominating the mountains, a huge kick in the face for Mother Nature"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm astounded that Les Menuires is not on there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the journalist must be on drugs or have only visited 20 Villages.
Aosta - a village with 130,000 population Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So they googled "Ski Resort".

Hit the "Images" tab and wrote an article. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No Flaine?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I really don't understand why Brelin did not make it to this top-20.
It's about to go on the Unesco world heritage list for achitectonical landmarks.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mikeycharlton, 😂😂 you beat me to it!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in a strange way I like the look of that.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, I do as well from an architectural look but up close it is very delapidated
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this 20 top lists of, are written by staffers who haven't got a clue about anything, they just need to fill some column

which is kind of like what the architect of that lego building above was trying to do
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's why they call it Les Manures Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The detail in the write up - wow!

Quote:
LA PLAGNE, FRANCE
Located in the French department of Savoie, the winter sports resort La Plagne offers 140 miles of ski slopes. The area is made up of several ski villages surrounded by a great number of peaks, including Bellecôte.
Speed skiing, tobogganing and snowmobiling are also offered at La Plagne, so there is no shortage of opportunities to enjoy the mountain!

Speed skiing - not that I know of, maybe they meant Les Arcs that did have a speed skiing piste a while ago.....
ski holidays
The list make SLIGHTLY more sense if you put the emphasis on "mountain" rather than "village". Take the first pick, Tignes - while it does look like someone's picked up part of the Isle of Dogs and dropped it on a mountain the mountain its self is beautiful.

Maybe "The 20 Most Beautiful Mountain Villages To Stand On the Edge Of Looking Out So You Can't See The 'Village' Its Self"?
latest report
@davidof, What beautiful photos Very Happy
snow conditions
genepi, indeed; although those kinds of villages are two-a-penny in the Pyrenees (at least on the Spanish side). Just sayin'... wink
latest report
No Superdevoluy?

what about le Corbier?

that could be a Glasgow council estate in winter

Val Meinier (ok the courts had this carbunkle knocked down)

snow report
Mjit wrote:
The list make SLIGHTLY more sense if you put the emphasis on "mountain" rather than "village". Take the first pick, Tignes - while it does look like someone's picked up part of the Isle of Dogs and dropped it on a mountain the mountain its self is beautiful.

Maybe "The 20 Most Beautiful Mountain Villages To Stand On the Edge Of Looking Out So You Can't See The 'Village' Its Self"?

I have to say form resort level I don't think Tignes has particularly attractive scenery by Alpine standards., higher up there are some very impressive vistas but the actual surroundings of Tignes look awful in the summer and white in winter and the shapely peaks you have to go up to view.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
My god that really is a case of severe WTFuckery

No Bonneval sur Arc

or St Veran for France?

Acknowledged to be two of the best preserved mountain villages in the country.

I mean Tignes, it is a bold Gallic statement of "we don't give a fuck about the environment, this is Man dominating the mountains, a huge kick in the face for Mother Nature"

The old village of Bonneval is lovely, the new bit around the lift station can match some of the others in architectural bleakness IMV.
Saint Veran is just lovely though I've only seen it in summer.
snow report
@davidof, Quaint.
latest report
For many years railed against the French idea of ski accommodation - charge a fortune for a space smaller than the average understairs cupboard, put a pair of bunks in the entrance corridor and a convertible sofa bed which when converted leaves no space to walk around. Sleepers in the entrance bunks can put the kettle on in the small "kitchenette" without getting our of their bunkks and a talented chap could probably pee from bed straight into the loo in the minimalist "bathroom". All sold as an apartment for 4 and not cheap! Thank goodness times have changed but I still pefer accommodation in Austria or Switzerland.
snow report
Is the Bernese Oberland a village Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
@under a new name, just wondering the same thing by my calculations it's numerous villages (more than I can count) and a large number of towns going from Gstaad in the south west to Meiringen in the North East
ski holidays
snowHead
under a new name wrote:
snow report
under a new name wrote:

Come to that Durnstein isn't in the mountains, the Wachau valley is pleasant and hilly but not mountainous.
snow report
@under a new name, I was wondering the same about Salzburg.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:

Same could be asked about Alta badia and Tirol!!

Alta badia is a region with 6 villages

Tirol is a state!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy