Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I was thinking about a Yeti 4x4 next and then...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...I saw this.

Due to carrying small ones, we have moved from Golf, to Touran, to Octavia. Always exceptional on winter tyres in the Alps. But thinking of 4x4 for the steep drive we have in CH.

But perhaps a Synchro van? Astonishing....the van just walks it in the second clip....maybe the weight of the Discovery?

http://youtube.com/v/scFNNz4_uQM

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-01-18 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, We have a octavia scout, one of the last mk2 shape ones with the higher ground clearance than the current one. Its as good as my old avant quattro, I don't think it would do the above however!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weight, use of diff locks and tyres, but probably the skill of the driver in the VW.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at Ross Noble achieved in the Scottish Six Days trial if you get the chance. It's on the Dave TV channel. It does make these attempts look a bit poor
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderAdict wrote:
?.........but probably the skill of the driver in the VW.

This! Disco driver seemed to hit every rock going
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2 wrote:
...I saw this.

Due to carrying small ones, we have moved from Golf, to Touran, to Octavia. Always exceptional on winter tyres in the Alps. But thinking of 4x4 for the steep drive we have in CH.

But perhaps a Synchro van? Astonishing....the van just walks it in the second clip....maybe the weight of the Discovery?

http://youtube.com/v/scFNNz4_uQM

That VW has only done 270,000 miles, hardly run in, however I think the trip may been a factor in last years MOT

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Inner Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)
Offside Inner Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ansta1, ...goodness...you're kidding...you are the owner-driver of the white Synchro and on SH? Seriously impressive 'green-roading'. CV gaiters are a pain. Ball joints are dead easy...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
valais2 wrote:
@ansta1, ...goodness...you're kidding...you are the owner-driver of the white Synchro and on SH? Seriously impressive 'green-roading'. CV gaiters are a pain. Ball joints are dead easy...

knock yourself out Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@vfr4, ///got it....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy