Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to show insurance company when Piste has been closed...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
We were trying to ski from Les Brevieres last weekend but frustratingly the lifts were closed due to bad weather. We have tried to submit a claim to the insurance company but they say they cannot verify the closure. Due to us never having tried to claim for this previously we (stupidly) assumed it would be an easy process to verify the closure via a website or something, but it doesn't seem to have historical closure information. I was wondering how others get this info for the insurance company. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have always claimed a refund from the lift office for the pass difference, but have never claimed from insurance co.
In usual circumstances the insurance will expect significantly more proof than is available and value any loss significantly less than you will! Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@lenniem, when we were in another resort due to avalanche closure in our existing destination, the tourist office provided us with information. They (or the lift company) should be able to email you something.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you asked he insurance company what specific document/information they require?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
By last weekend do you mean the 21st and 22nd of Jan. If so this is the website you need - claim back from the lift company direct:

https://www.ticketoski.fr/en/tignes

As for the other days then some of the resort was always open, I doubt Les Brev will be treated as a separate resort by insurance companies.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@lenniem, When I’ve claimed in the past, we needed a letter from the lift company stating the closure date(s), and proof we had bought lift passes for the resort for those dates.

Having said that the last time I tried the Insurance policies claim agents Allianz wanted an obscene amount of personal information, unrelated to the actual claim, but apparently for anti fraud purposes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were in Tignes last week and had a closure on the Monday. We normally book lift passes with the TO but never again. The ticket office would do a straight refund for the day or a credit of one day if we had booked direct with them. Unfortunately because of booking through the TO we have to claim through insurance which is limited on my policy to 20 per day so only partial recovery of loss. In future I will only ever book direct with the lift company.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy