Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Julia Mancuso bows out of racing in style!

Poster: A snowHead
After battling hip issues and surgery Julia Mancuso has retired from racing, but she bowed out in style on Friday at the Women's World Cup Downhill in Cortina D'Ampezzo by skiing the course dressed as Wonderwoman! Cool

There to greet her at the bottom of the course were her US team mates and also her best friend, retired British racer Chemmy Alcott. Smile Chemmy then did an interview with Julia, so I expect that will be shown on this weekend's Ski Sunday. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alastair Pink, wonderful. !!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm surprised to find myself really moved.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair Pink, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Of course Julia Mancuso and Chemmy Alcott have been friends for a number of years, some sHs may remember this popular picture of Chemmy giving Julia her support(!) from a few years ago....

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/ADe8k69BtCg
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just watched this on Eurosport player. I'm a big Julia fan, (she always seemed good fun and looked like she loved her racing, whatever her results) but I'm glad she's retired as she's never looked comfortable since her op. I wish her all the best in whatever she wants to do now.

I've now transferred my allegiance (American team-wise) to Laurenne Ross, who always seems to give a nice smile at the bottom of the slope. I don't like sulks, tantrums or drama queens! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@maggi, I know what you mean but I must admit to admiring anyone who can throw themselves down those courses.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@geepee, yes, they're all nutcases, though! If I were a ski racer, (rather than an inept, English holiday skier), I would do slalom.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@maggi, I suppose that’s summed up by by Tomba whose mother wouldn’t let him do the downhill, so he had to stick to slalom and giant slalom. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wonder if she'll compete on the World Freeride Tour, she made a guest appearance a few years ago at the extremes in Verbier and came third! I met a guide in Champoluc last year who is also a photographer and he filmed her a couple of years ago. He showed us a line she skied which at the time was windblown and he said she just ripped it at warp speed and made it look like hero snow - just in a different league, so talented
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yet another blight - VZV - scourge from my nation. What an embarrassment. Or, as is said better in French...., elle est sans discrète.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/ADe8k69BtCg

Would be great if she got the job to do the Ski Sunday course POVs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi wrote:
Just watched this on Eurosport player. I'm a big Julia fan, (she always seemed good fun and looked like she loved her racing, whatever her results) but I'm glad she's retired as she's never looked comfortable since her op. I wish her all the best in whatever she wants to do now.

I've now transferred my allegiance (American team-wise) to Laurenne Ross, who always seems to give a nice smile at the bottom of the slope. I don't like sulks, tantrums or drama queens! Madeye-Smiley

Whisper it but Laurenne is really a Canuckistani. Talked to her parents on a chairlift once.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Whisper it but Laurenne is really a Canuckistani.

Shush! Don't let that Nick Fellows know. Can't be doing with him telling us every single time she's racing Laughing .
snow report
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
Wonder if she'll compete on the World Freeride Tour

It's not that she wouldn't be competitive, but unless some doctor does some serious magic, I think we will never see her skiing competitively again, in any kind of form. Her hip is so bad, there's simply no chance we ever see her on FWT. Especially with all the jumps and hits required to be competitive there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy