Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ball crushing ski lifts

Poster: A snowHead
This made my eyes water

http://youtube.com/v/UBhDXsAQgg0
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought this thread was going to be about those chairlifts fitted with the kiddie restrainer thingies to stop the kiddies sliding out under the safety bar. Whilst they might be effective for that purpose they can also be rather uncomfortably close to a gentleman's assets.... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27 wrote:
Puzzled

+1 Its a pretty standard type of lift? Some can be a little violent on take off though.

I thought it was going to be a chairlift where the bar comes between your legs and your skis rest on either side. I've had those pinch my thigh, but no crushing of the privates fortunately.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about those chairlifts fitted with the kiddie restrainer thingies to stop the kiddies sliding out under the safety bar. Whilst they might be effective for that purpose they can also be rather uncomfortably close to a gentleman's assets.... Madeye-Smiley

OMG yes those, nightmare, usually on the left hand side of the chair, watch out for the people who slam the bar down before you get properly seated.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The old ones are the best - @davidof, this will make your eyes water more:

http://youtube.com/v/6-6pQwo_9r4
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:

Having not been skiing for a few years, the introduction of these undoubtedly sensible safety measures did come as something of a surprise a few days ago Shocked . Fortunately I was on my own on the lift and was able to rearrange things quite quickly.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 15-01-18 21:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sproggski wrote:
The old ones are the best - @davidof, this will make your eyes water more:

http://youtube.com/v/6-6pQwo_9r4

funny when he is lifted into the air, still I see a lot of kids doing that on Pomas at the start of the season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sproggski , Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 15-01-18 21:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or the indignity of this one:
http://metro.co.uk/2009/01/07/skier-stripped-half-naked-and-shows-off-bum-after-mountain-lift-mishap-297453/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Having not been skiing for a few years, the introduction of these undoubtedly sensible safety measures did come as something of a surprise a few days ago Shocked . Fortunately I was on my own on the lift and was able to rearrange things quite quickly.

Be aware in La Plagne just about every chairlift has them on every seat!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@boredsurfin, as I've discovered Shocked . Actually, they're very sensible - if a ski school child is put on the lift next to you, they're good to see.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lots of the Les Arcs chairs seem to have them to, just simple vertical bar things. Skiing last week, one of our group sat on the chair, and moved to the side of the bar, thinking it was the seat divider. He ended up with the significantly larger seat divider between his legs... Fortunately he had sat right back on the chair, and it just missed any of the vital bits!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
theres one in morgins nicknamed the ballcrusher, it put my mate out of action for a couple of days, i can still see the tears now
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Risoul. Up to home de pierre
latest report
@sproggski, there are so many videos that appear year after year, time and time again that get so frustratingly boring that you wish you could tell the internet to hide the video and never ever ever show to me it again (ski ballet?) ..... and then there is this video ... I've seen it so many times and it always makes me happy to see it again. I feel sorry for the guy but I would shake his hand as he has had such a positive effect on my life snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy