Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons - Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for something specific for my 44 year old wife. She has never had any formal lessons but can ski pretty much all over most mountains that we've been to - on groomed trails and ungroomed.
Whilst she is capable she lacks confidence to let her skis run and when ski picks up speed she feels she has to immediately wash it off with extremely regularly unnecessary turns. She wants to address this fear. She would be happy with a group situation but she speaks zero French.
We'll be in Tignes mid March. Any recommendations for a ski school that may be able to help?
I don't really want to book too much in advance as we're coming from Australia and a positive PCR at the airport on departure is a real risk. Would it be possible to leave booking lessons to last minute that time of year?
Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Angus?
See on 'The view from ..... Val D'Isere' thread in the Snow Reports forum here on Snowheads.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and if Steve can't sort you out I can recommend Ultimate Ski School. Nice bunch, really friendly!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. Yes on the language front there won't be any issues. But the issues you will normally find is if you want a group lesson then if you leave it too late ski schools may have taken private lessons and filled their schedules (for example in our ski school TDC that often happens). Failing that and you leave it too late and all slots may have gone. Sometimes you then get 'other' options (shall we way) or non at all. It all depends really! Otherwise TDC, Ultimate amongst others can service requests for group lessons generally. If you want to PM me with other queries then please do. I might be available then and often come over to Tignes to work. Which week is it sbooker?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or for a private Alan Hole, here:

http://www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Angus wrote:
Thanks guys. Yes on the language front there won't be any issues. But the issues you will normally find is if you want a group lesson then if you leave it too late ski schools may have taken private lessons and filled their schedules (for example in our ski school TDC that often happens). Failing that and you leave it too late and all slots may have gone. Sometimes you then get 'other' options (shall we way) or non at all. It all depends really! Otherwise TDC, Ultimate amongst others can service requests for group lessons generally. If you want to PM me with other queries then please do. I might be available then and often come over to Tignes to work. Which week is it sbooker?

The week starting Sunday 20th March. It appears TDC don’t have lessons that week unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IME. If you can't find who you want - There are very good Instructors at "Progression Ski", who I believe cover Tignes. Failing that, I have always had a good experience with Evo 2.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any of the instructors from the PSB are a good shout

Steve is one, Floss is another (freefloski.com)

EDIT : (having said that, on the date in question a good chunk of them are in Serre Chevalier for the SoPiB (and hopefully the GUFF) so might not be as helpful as normal...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FrediKanoute wrote:
and if Steve can't sort you out I can recommend Ultimate Ski School. Nice bunch, really friendly!

They look perfect for what we need.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sbooker wrote:
Steve Angus wrote:

The week starting Sunday 20th March. It appears TDC don’t have lessons that week unfortunately.

Really - did you email them? We have a decent amount of availability that week here on the Val side and we often 'swap' sides when one side is busier than the other. I have a decent amount of availability that week at present. The online booking system sometimes isnt always set up for group lessons and you have to email and ask.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Angus wrote:
sbooker wrote:
Steve Angus wrote:

Really - did you email them? We have a decent amount of availability that week here on the Val side and we often 'swap' sides when one side is busier than the other. I have a decent amount of availability that week at present. The online booking system sometimes isnt always set up for group lessons and you have to email and ask.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you can't book any of the above suggestions I can recommend Pierre Vallon from Evolution 2. He's a funny, patient guy, and a very good teacher. There are 2 Pierres working for them so be sure to use his surname, or ask for 'Pierre, the good one!'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good to hear Evo2 are still going Very Happy

I had probably one of my best lessons with them, in Tignes, about 17 years ago.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cacciatore wrote:
Good to hear Evo2 are still going Very Happy

I had probably one of my best lessons with them, in Tignes, about 17 years ago.

I didn't actually think to check that they were still in business before posting!!! I did just now, and they are.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For a named Instructor that I know is patient, as he taught my Dyspraxic Son as a kid - I will recommend Woody from Progression Ski.
latest report
I did lessons with Evo2 a bout 8 years ago meeting at Val Claret each day, Ben (French Canadian) was a good teacher. I learnt loads.
latest report
@sbooker, From my own experience,

https://ultimatesnowsports.com/ski/tignes-skiing-lessons/

https://www.skinewgen.com/tignes-ski-school/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_tignes
snow report
Thanks all.
snow conditions
Another vote for Evo2 - I can’t remember the ladies name, but she was an ex-moguls skier, and did wonders for me and my less confident wife.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy