Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Lurg

Poster: A snowHead
....so....having just read the Banff trip report (many thanks) with the Euro Virus described, a quick SH tally on those affected?

My partner had virus - which we think is the adenovirus - three weeks before Christmas. My son had it and it turned into pneumonia, he had 7 days antibiotic to no effect - things began to improve on day 10, with second 7 day course of Amoxycillin horse pills and were fully resolved by day 14. Then in the car my partner coughed all over me on the way to CH; so by day 4 in CH I was well and truly crook. She spent most of the two weeks in bed, I had three days of moaning and lying wheezing, with heart palpitations.

Got back on the snow far too soon - had immediate fall since brain not talking to legs. And I mean that - real co-ordination problems due to neural effect of virus. Stopped trying to do anything and returned to blanket on sofa and book.

On the way back, partner still hacking and me wheezing.

One week back, and head still unable to process anything - lungs still not functionning properly. Partner the same - 6 weeks now.

Quite a few in our village similarly affected.

Anyone else?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, just spent the best part of the xmas hols on the toilet. Either that or emptying contents of stomach into same... Yesterday was the first day I was feeling normal again after about ten days of misery. Next year Xmas is cancelled as far as I'm concerned!
Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2, no idea what Euro Virus is/was but mid Nov onwards I had a cold that I couldn't shake with a cough that never got better, turned into some form of chest infection I think, 1st lot of antibiotics did nothing, had chest X-ray, which was clear, had 2nd dose of antibiotics some 6 weeks after the 1st which seemed to clear it up...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, ....that sounds like the one ... complete pain.

@Steilhang, ...and I always look forward to Christmas a lot ... complete washout this year
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, proper flu type jobbie. Possibly picked up on flight home from the Canaries. Taken about 3 weeks to recover and xmas didn't happen!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I flew back to the UK for 3 days over Christmas. On the flight back I was sitting next to lurgy kid. So I then spent the next four days producing vast quantities of snot and phlegm. No more than a common cold so I know there are plenty of worse cases out there. I'm pretty much over it now.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 7-01-18 20:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year a fair few of us passed around an illness on the birthday bash... Wrecked a few peoples week! Fortunately mine didn't kick in 'till the trip home - cue hours of trying not to puke on the airplane, followed by eventually letting rip all over the passenger side of my car on the motorway while driving home from the airport:(

Got a bit of it now, I hope that's my annual ill taken care of for this year!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I seem to have acquired said "Lurg" in La Plagne just before Christmas, and still having fun with it!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, ...re snot & phlegm...just who puts all that stuff up my nose and in my lungs, I can't believe that my body is capable of producing that much stuff. Mind you, I have lost a stone (10stones to 9) on this virus, which may explain it. I have been turning ugly fat into ugly fluids...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I spent all except two days of a three week trip to Tignes in November in bed with flu, still have a bit of a cough even now.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@valais2, it's the really opaque stuff. Sticky too. I was wondering if I could package it and sell it as superglue.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queen bodecia, I’ll stick to the normal stuff thanks. Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HUbby has has cough and wheeze for several weeks. I got it ust after Christmas, and spent my week off before New Year glued to the sofa. Feeling better now, but hubby is still coughing from time to time. Lots of other family members affected too. It most definitely wasn't flu, but it was more than 'just a cold'.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ugh. Tmi.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hurtle, ...you haven’t seen the photos...just be thankful...
ski holidays
@valais2, Laughing
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
spent my week off before New Year glued to the sofa.

Maybe @queen bodecia is on to something. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I survived till last Tuesday. Called in at the Piste Office to pick some skis up and felt fine. Then Tuesday night at my brother’s I had a horrible night with a really high temperature which lasted for 3 days. Couldn’t eat and survived on water. I’m now left with a lingering cough but otherwise feel ok.
ski holidays
I was ill beginning of Oct for about 2-3 days, but the stuffy nose & nasal drip making me cough hung around until about a week ago. There was the odd day here & there where I felt like crap.
Lots of my friends & work colleagues also have it.
snow report
@rjs, ...that's REALLY grim...three weeks in Tignes but hammered by virus...it is SO frustrating when one plans a big trip and then genuine illness strikes. It's one thing feeling a bit off, but quite another being attacked by something really nasty. I have had climbing trips messed up by my or others' illness and we have done stupid things - like trying to attain our original targets and keep going. But it has meant people slumped on the hill groaning in belay jackets and everyone else carrying their load. It was tolerable when I was in my twenties, we just applied Rule 5, but I now look at Rule 5, screw it into a ball and retire to comfort somewhere. Either I've wised up or wimped out...
snow report
I had a cough about 2 weeks ago, but then after a few days I got the proper lurgy on top of it, was poleaxed for almost 3 days, hardly able to walk, missed NYE and basically didn't move off the sofa. Once I began to recover the cough got worse and worse until I had to go to the doc's where they dx'd a pretty bad lung infection / bronchitis. Now three days later the antibiotics have begun to kick in, I can feel the strength coming back and the stuff to clear my lungs seems to be working, I am no longer rasping like Darth Vader when I breath. Will try a small ski tour this afternoon.
ski holidays
@Scarpa, ...indeed that sounds like The Lurg...take care when going out, the impact on co-ordination was quite serious in my case...
snow report
@Scarpa,
Quote:

Will try a small ski tour this afternoon
Too soon! Nursey - well, a doctor's daughter, anyway - says wait until the cough is pretty much gone.
ski holidays
Cheers. The tour was lovely, I took it easy and only had one beer at the hut Smile I think that this cough is going to carry on for a couple of weeks so will gradually increase my exercise levels and try to keep up some sort of activity.
snow conditions
@Scarpa, Very Happy
latest report
@Scarpa, excellent.

And where was the tour? I assume well away from the weather weirdness of Zermatt, parts of France etc....
ski holidays
@valais2, At the back of our house in Austria the road ends after 300m and the forest track begins. Winds through the woods up to the Moosalm on the Eben slopes (opposite Flachau). They piste it every so often for tourers and sledgers from the hut. Only danger is that the hut stays open at least till 8pm and often ends up a total party zone with people crashing upstairs.
ski holidays
Scarpa - from here, in the flatlands of Cambridgeshire, that sounds like an idyll....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy