Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily Star/ Direct Line crazy ski numbers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Came across this nugget of exemplary tabloid journalism -

[url=]https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/671569/Skiing-British-skiers-drunk-alcohol-apres-ski-accident-serious-injury-risk[/url]

apparently there are over 6.1m skier in the UK (industry estimates are usualy around 1-2m)

anyone seen the actual survey they've mangled this from?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It looks like Direct Line haven't posted this wonderful bit of 'research' news yet. All I can find is their one from last year claiming a million brits go to ski resorts each year but don't take part in any winter sports.

I'm not hopeful that the original source will be very insightful.

PS. I think if you remove the '=' from after 'url' then the link will work properly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I must be getting old ( or not the core demographic) , as when I looked at the story my eyes were drawn to the 2nd picture and I was thinking "Wow is that a 2010 Burton Dominant in back of shot" rather than looking at any of the surrounding click-bait.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FIFYA !

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/671569/Skiing-British-skiers-drunk-alcohol-apres-ski-accident-serious-injury-risk

I suspect the numbers quoted are over several years
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, what an insight we've gained:

- Skiing drunk makes people more confident
- Skiing drunk is potentially more dangerous than sober

How would we have ever worked that out without the intellectual quality of the Daily Star Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunday Times ran with the story too, poor show from them not checking the sensational number
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/downhill-brits-hit-the-bottle-n98z6dl73
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So,

Here is the Direct Line 'Research' release.

https://www.directlinegroup.com/media/news/brand/2018/20180112.aspx

It does say

Quote:
over the course of their skiing and boarding holidays 5.7 million British adults have witnessed or experienced first-hand an incident because of drink-skiing whilst on the slopes.

I can only assume this figure is based on the number who have ever skied, rather than just those who are currently active skiers. That way the numbers might stack up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Daily Star wrote:
The survey also found that those enjoying après-ski fun downed an average six pints a night.

Sounds a bit low for me Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The table 1 figures don't make any sense to me. For example:

- Drinking alcohol on the slopes is sociable and does not pose any threats or danger to safety on the slopes 61%
- Drinking alcohol should not be permitted when skiing as it is dangerous to individuals and other skiers 51%

Based on those two numbers at least 12% of the people surveyed think drinking alcohol when skiing is safe and dangerous so should be banned.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally I think drinking alcohol when skiing is dangerous as there's a serious chance of me spilling my drink. That and I'm not sure I'd really be concentrating on what I'm doing or where I'm going.

The whole thing is just PR fluff and not really worth delving into the details or spending too much time trying to make sense of.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bad weather, crowded pistes, lift queues, ice....forget it all with the drink.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You Brits!!..you can be brought no where!

TYPICAL!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

You Brits!!..you can be brought no where!

TYPICAL!!

Sad, but true.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy