Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back Protector Opinions.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I,m thinking if buying a lightweight back protector vest.
Was interested to hear people opinions and experience of them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They're fine. You forget you are wearing it. Only stopped when it became a PITA with an avy pack as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used a Forcefield back protector for a couple of years, but if you are wearing a decent sized backpack it becomes largely redundant and just gets in the way. You need to get one that fits well, but they do have plenty of elasticated adjustment, I'm not sure how well a vest based one can be adjusted for size.

https://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/winter-sport-armour

If you are wearing one to protect a previous injury, then fine, if you are wearing one because you are racing or in the park, then fine again, but if you are wearing one for general 'just in case' then it is probably excessive.

I have heard comments passed that children in ski school benefit from wearing one, as they are more likely to be skied into after they have fallen over by another class member, but that might just be over protective parents.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are these good for posture? Or can they mess it up and give you back pain in long term? although obviously not as bad as the pain of landing on your back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Snowwer, if it's good one, you don't even know you have it on. Personally, I don't feel it even when I go for freeride, and I ski with ABS. But for skitouring it's just too much hassle to carry everything up on foot, so those are days when I don't have it, even though it would be good to have it. And realistically... it's even more important to have it when skiing with airbag then without it. I know airbag backpacks are limited with options where to put cartridges and deployment mechanism, but putting it straight to spine is not really smartest idea, of course if you consider you might crash or be caught in violent avalanche.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My logic when you really might need it is when skiing really fast ( which shouldn't happen outside a race course) or when collision with rocks and trees is a potential material consequence of an error. So if you doodle through trees it's a lot different to hammering tree lines
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy