Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belgium Speed Camera

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On my way South for a glorious week on the slopes for the New Year, driving towards Luxemborg on the E25 in Belgium and did not see the speed restriction on a bridge repair section until it was too late rolling eyes . Saw the flash from the Big Grey box at the side of the road doing approx 75km in a 50km restriction.
What is the chance that this will get back to me in the UK? Anyone had similar?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
possibly..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/05/british-motorists-continent-face-640-speeding-fines-saturday/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got flashed in Italy in August, never heard anything
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You see these sorts of warnings in the papers every now and then. In almost 20 years of toing and froing a little too fast through Belgium, I have never, ever, seen a police car or been issued a fine by a flashing cam. The place is ungovernable, will likely take them a few years to even agree who's internal jurisdiction it falls under. I can't imagine them being in the slightest bit interested in this cross border stuff other than for writing headlines. Having said that, do let us know if you get that letter, it would very likely be a first and worth knowing about!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Simon94 wrote:
On my way South for a glorious week on the slopes for the New Year, driving towards Luxemborg on the E25 in Belgium and did not see the speed restriction on a bridge repair section until it was too late rolling eyes . Saw the flash from the Big Grey box at the side of the road doing approx 75km in a 50km restriction.
What is the chance that this will get back to me in the UK? Anyone had similar?

Zero
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Simon94, Ziltch - I ignore Belgian cameras totally, they don't know how to provide decent roads and I cant find my wallet if they did ever get in touch - appalling roads. I got flashed there on route to the Alps late Boxing Day, not worried in the least. In Holland, Germany and Austria behave though, they are organised.

On a separate point - be careful if driving around the Brussels Ring - 26th December, 21.00 ish old French plated silver 3 series with a couple of dodgy looking Arabs in it comes speeding up really fast and almost side swiped me on the left, pointing at my car and signalling for me to pull over, waving a police looking badge at me. I ignored them and they swung right across my front end and disappeared off an exit, missing us by inches. Just had time to give them the middle finger that thankfully they saw. I upped my speed all the way to the border then relaxed a bit. Goodness knows what they'd do to you if you pulled over - likely rob you and steal the car, or worse? - you feel pretty vulnerable when that happens, GB plates and roof-box etc full of goodies......if a less street-wise person was caught out then who knows what might happen? Is this a thing?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Simon94, Unlikely that you'll hear from them. They don't do cross border info share with the UK and absolutely loathe all the paperwork involved.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Markymark29, I've been in Belgium for 4 years and never had such an experience, but I've certainly heard of it happening and have been warned repeatedly by friends to be careful. There's a lot of cross border vehicle crime and I've heard of car jackings happening on the motorway into Lille.
The Brussels ring is bad enough without this business going on. If they are the police they will be in a marked car or they will have 'follow me' signs in the rear windscreen and expect you to follow them and stop at the next services. This happened to my husband last winter while he was driving to Luxembourg at 0600 and wasn't a very nice experience. He wouldn't open the window more than a few cm to hand over documents.
Generally though, there are few police cars on Belgian motorways and 99% of the time they aren't interested.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Waffle, Definitely not police, thugs looking for a car-jack, its a scary thing and they could have caused a major crash too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Markymark29, Definitely and well dodged, though most motorists on the ring are capable of causing major crashes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well it took about a year for them to get the Lux police involved in an ignored speeding ticket so I can hardly see them trying their luck with the UK ever.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy