Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Venice to Campitello

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hola everyone, I'm looking for any experience out there on a trip I have planned on the 12th January....

I'll be driving a small Europcar hire car from Venice airport to Campitello di Fassa leaving Venice late on the 12th Jan after rehearsing putting on the hire company's snowchains. Google is showing me a number of route options, can anyone advise on these please? My preference is to keep to the autostrada/dual carriageway/well lit roads as much as possible, avoiding windy mountain roads in the dark as much as I can:

- A27/SS51/SP1/SR203/SP346/SS48

- A27/SS51/SP1/SR203/SS641

- A27/SS51/SP251/SP20/SS641

Thank you, Keith
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not the SS641 (Fedaia Pass will more than likely be closed)

SS48 from the Brenner autostrada, via Predazzo, Moena and up to Campitello and Canazei should be fine. It's the major access route.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Keith_b,I was about to point you to @andy, as he knows his stuff on routes to the Sella Ronda.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both, I really appreciate your help. Keith
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.provincia.bz.it/traffico/default.asp is the website I have bookmarked for the mountain pass status (can only choose between Italian and German).
That one says that the 641 (Fedaia) is currently shut. I don't see any entry for the San Pellegrino pass.

I think the Venice-Arabba bus takes the A27/SS50/SR203, so I guess that's a good route. One would assume the 346 is OK too.
From Moena to Campitello on the SS48 is definitely fine.

I know the roads from the north better, since I always drive in from Innsbruck.

Wouldn't divert all the way to the Brenner autostrada, unless you really need to due to too much snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank you Andy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
San Pellegrino is Open:
http://www.alpenpaesse.co/
So ss 346 to Moena should be OK, but you have to have good wintertyres! Not shure you get that?

Check on the day! And look at the street on the webcam
https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/alpe-lusia-san-pellegrino/webcam
Looks very ok no snow on the street. But again check on the day.

Webcam can give good info, but look at the date!

But as you write you want an easy drive in the dark - if I was you I would go around on the Autostrada, if there is snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Hyst, great help 😊.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
👍
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andy, Hyst - had a chance to take a proper look at this, Brenner is going to be the best option for me Happy

Regards

Keith
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm heading to Campitello arriving on the 13th ...but from driving from the Uk ...just a tip though if you get a diesel car make sure you put anti gel in the fuel ..mine nearly froze after a week there last year and they said the stuff they put in in the foothills has not got enough additive in it

Have a great time ..see you on the slopes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy