Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storing Colltex Whiz long term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I know Colltex Whiz skins can be folded glue against glue, but what about long term? Better to use cheat sheets?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd contact Colltex direct as their website says use cheat sheets but suspect that is for their older range of skins with traditional type glues.

https://www.colltex.ch/_new/en/company/contact
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funnily enough I was thinking the other day about getting cheat sheets for my Colltex Whizz skins. Just find it easier to put a skin on without worrying about the other one that you’ve just pealed off.

I presume Black Diamond Cheat Sheets are ok? They just appear to be a fine open mesh - doesn’t that let the glue dry out?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 29-12-17 22:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I watch with interest.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use their Pro Skin when out, even though you can stick glue to glue. So much easier to apply and pack away skins in any wind.
http://youtube.com/v/tDRIU8CaC6E

I’ve a set of skins for an unused pair of skis though so wondering how these should be stored. I guess mesh sheets is the safe bet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’ve had whizz skins stored since April stuck back to back. Separated fine, still sticky, world hasn’t ended et al. No cheat sheets needed it seems - manual backs that up snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sharkymark, just tried mine, stuck up in their bag since March - good to go! (But they were new last season so it might not always be this way...).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m talking longer term than just in between seasons. Say a year or two
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@nosiesta, no touring for a year or two?! 😱😱😱😱😱
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a Colltex dealer & you just stick them sticky side to sticky side, ie fold in half & then fold them over a few times until they fit in their bag. It's the same if you're storing them for a week or a decade.

Themasterpiece wrote:
......Just find it easier to put a skin on without worrying about the other one that you’ve just pealed off.......

You're using them incorrectly. An individual skin should be folded on itself, not stuck to the other skin.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For my traditional set of skins I prefer to use full plastic backing sheets as the mesh sometimes ends up sticking to the glue.
Prefer to dry without the backing sheet but store with it.

Fold and roll for more space ....

http://youtube.com/v/X9jt7u21pCw

There appears to be three main types of climbing skin adhesion

1. Traditional glue - normal glue where in a strong wind you can give yourself a brazilian head wax.

2. Hybrid Glue or Non-glue (e.g. Contour Hybrid, Colltex Whizzz)

3. Glueless (e.g. Gecko, Colltex Combin)

Anyone had experience of the latter two in very cold or very wet conditions i.e. did they hold up as well as traditional skins?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used to have some Coltex skins, I never understood why the supplied cheat strips were white! Really daft when attaching or removing and stowing skins in a whiteout!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy