Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Ski luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just managed to get booked on to the PBB ad the BB Cool looking at flights now and see easy jet may be my only option out of Liverpool Shocked looking at their luggage criteria I can add my own skis which I was intending to do but also be cheeky and pack everything else in the ski bag and save on luggage charges and and lugging everything around! However reading the "small print" it says...

"Adults/Children can bring ONE item of small sports equipment per passenger.
No individual small sports item can weigh more than 20kgs.
Due to carrier regulations sports equipment cannot count as general hold luggage and must be itemised."

Does this mean I can't pack clothes too? Reading between the lines it means I can't. Anyone plan on doing the same and had experience with easyjet? Do they have luggage police on at check-in to make sure I haven't packed my undercrackers with my skis? Puzzled

Thanks Sam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll have no issue putting clothes in with the skis as long as you're under 20kg. Just done the PSB that way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@adithorp,
Thanks for the heads up! hopefully all will be good
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you'll find most people pad out their ski bags with clothing etc. The luggage police are only interested if it all goes over 20kg - I must have lost 5kgs last time I flew out of Geneva in four extra layers of ski gear!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Samc12, Flew ej out of Liverpool mid December. No interest at all in what was in snowboard bag. Keep it under 20kg and you will be fine. Have be doing this for 10 years. Have a good trip.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Naughty, but nice: Have you bag weighed at the check-in counter — it's just under 20Kg. It's tagged, and you then have to take it to the large bag drop. On the way you accidentally open it and OH DEAR! a load more stuff you have been carrying and wearing falls into the bag.

What a shame, these things happen Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not done this myself yet but next time flying with easyjey i will be adding a large sports item instead of small sports item. 32kg instead of 20kg for ony a few extra £'s
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WASHOUT, Think they specify what counts as large/small sports items and skis are small.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yes but they have never checked what is in my bag....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flew yesterday on Easyjet with a ski bag, no problems or questions at all. I had 2 pairs of skis in it, bindings, my avi gear and rucksack, and clothes and toiletries. I've done it multiple times, and never been questioned, as long as it's within the weight limits.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the feedback ! Sounds like I shouldn't have any problems lets just hope I can keep the weight down!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My suspicion is that EJ is trying to weasel out of its obligations under the Montreal convention which specifies how much compensation must be paid for delayed or lost checked baggage based purely on weight of bag. By defining sports equipment as a separate type of baggage and requiring itemised contents, my guess is that lost/delayed bags wouldn't get the normal compensation. Whether this would stand up in court is another matter.

That said, I think most people have insurance that covers this anyway, so it might not be relevant.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowdave wrote:
My suspicion is that EJ is trying to weasel out of its obligations under the Montreal convention which specifies how much compensation must be paid for delayed or lost checked baggage based purely on weight of bag. By defining sports equipment as a separate type of baggage and requiring itemised contents, my guess is that lost/delayed bags wouldn't get the normal compensation. Whether this would stand up in court is another matter.

That said, I think most people have insurance that covers this anyway, so it might not be relevant.

This was my assumption with BA's regs pertaining to using a ski bag as your checked baggage, and that ski boots were not to be in the same bag.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy