Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Makes you wonder

Poster: A snowHead
I was at the CF today. It was absolutely heaving. Busiest I've seen by a long way.

With that in mind, I was amazed to see a mother with a young child of around 3 or 4 years old taking the kid to the top of the slope. The child clearly could not ski. It looked as if he'd never even been on skis before. Mum was walking down the slope beside him. She was just wearing boots. I kid you not when I say that the child fell over every 1.5 to 2 metres. Mum picked him up and off he went again for another 2metres, and the process was repeated. The child had gone about a quarter way down the slope when a member of staff walked up the slope and asked them to leave.

A snowboarder I was talking to in the queue for the lift had over heard the mother say that because the queue for the lifts were so long, she saw little point starting on the bottom step and said the kid could start at the top. rolling eyes Puzzled

Unbelievable. A prime future candidate for the Darwin Awards?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It does indeed. I didn’t know ESF are allowed to teach in the UK Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On a rather longer, less confined and less busy slope, I suppose the 'throw into deep end of swimming pool' style of teaching has some merit.
But said child will never learn if parent keeps picking it up, will it?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Awdbugga, I was there today too. Took my 2 children for an hour 11-12. With 7-8 mins queueing for each lift, it didn’t seem very long. Daughter said I should have got her up earlier so shr could ski for longer. It was pretty successful all in all. Considering a weekend before 1/2 term to take them back to Scotland but maybe Easter is more realistic.

There’s a special offer on at CFe for 4 days, £6 off whole hours for adults. Book by the 8th for any day in January. Annoyingly only worked if I booked the children and myself separately. That took me most of the News last night to work out, hence the annoyance. Maybe that is why it was busy?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 5-01-18 21:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what...snow wrote:
@Awdbugga, I was there too. Took my 2 children for an hour 11-12. With 7-8 mins queueing for each lift, it didn’t seem very long. Daughter said I should have got her up earlier so they could ski for longer. It was pretty successful all in all. Considering a weekend before 1/2 term to take them back to Scotland.

I was there from 11.0-3.0 with a mate. I didn’t time the wait for the lift, but it seemed longer. It was very busy though. I’ll be back at the CF at least twice more before the Birthday Bash at the beginning of Feb.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I added info about a discount, useful amount off if you’ve not got a season ticket.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They're climbing a stairway to Heaven.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what...snow wrote:
I added info about a discount, useful amount off if you’ve not got a season ticket.

Cheers but I have annual membership, so get 30% off all lift passes and lessons. Well worth having. I paid for membership when they had a deal on, it cost me £75 for 12 months. I saved £70 on just one 6 hour lesson; so membership virtually paid for itself in one go.

I was talking to a lady snowboarder and was amazed when she told me she and her hubby had come up all the way from Newport South Wales just to visit the CF. That’s 4 hours or more. They stayed overnight. Keen or what?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That’s how I started skiing, albeit with much less comfortable kit...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Awdbugga, If you'd driven that far, surely you'd be better off carrying on going to Scotland? Decent forecast for the weekend. I'd have gone but son has a birthday party Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@what...snow, but has Glenshee got a Nandos? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@thecramps, Shocked I’m on my way Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@thecramps, no, but you can get a venison burger. I don’t think you can get spicy food between Perth, Aboyne and Grantown!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@what...snow. Prince of India, Pitlochry..? Sure there's a few more, here and there.
Edit - OK, I drive to Glenshee a different way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
get up early on a wednesday and enjoy the fresh tracks and quiet slopes with no queues , and a bonus brew and bacon roll in with the deal snowHead
latest report
@Grizzler, Prince of India in Pitlochry - brilliant restaurant! Very Happy Can never resist stopping when heading back down the A9.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy