Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ERSA Summer league entry for Sun 3rd May 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone can help on this as we are totally new to racing, but our son enjoyed his race on sunday so much that we thought we might let him have a go at this over the summer.

Our son is 5 so would be in mini category, is a member of an ERSA club, and it says we need to register by wednesday for the race on Sunday 3rd May 2009 at WGC. Does anyone know how we do this? Do we also have to be registered for SSE?

Is there specific equipment that he can/cannot use? Can he use club skis or does he have to have his own?
Any advice/ helpful hints would be greatly recieved, Many Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fizz, Normally race entries are handled by the home club ( Vikings?)race manager. He does not have to be registered with SSE to do ERSA races. Normally club skis are not issued to racers although I would have thought a call to WGC in advance asking them their policy would probably get a favorable response or if not your home club might let him borrow some.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fizz, Thought of a couple of other things worth mentioning. If he has his own poles they must have bungs on the end.
also worth having something to lubricate skis, if he is borrowing them do not think they would want you waxing them! but spraying some Mr Sheen or similar on or applying some notwax would probably help.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi FIZZ. if you say which ERSA Club you are in I would be able to help you further as entries need to be received in order to be placed on the computer start list.

Also, take a look at www.erskia.co.uk/racing/invites/welwyn2009.pdf
On the ERSA website there is a forum, if you ask something on there, someone will have the answer!

Also ,if you go along to this race take along fold up chairs to sit on and enough picnic food to get you through the day. People also take tents and Gazebos to sit under just in case it rains or shade from the sun.
I'm pretty sure that he will be allowed to borrow equipment from Welwyn. he will also not be allowed to race unless he has a helmet. These are not available to rent at Welwyn. Don't forget a pair of gloves and his arms need to be covered too. Have a good day!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fizz, I would agree with all of the advice above. My daughter started at the same age in ERSA races and had a great time. It's very friendly; he will be shown down the course and generally looked after during the day. Based in Suffolk your local club would probably be Ipswich (Vikings) and you need to contact the Race Manager (Lesley?). If not there is still a late entry process but it costs a lot more than the current £9.
Practice starts at about 8.45 and there are three timed runs followed by lunch followed by a "rainbow" event which is a parallel slalom. It all goes on until about 4pm.
If you are still having trouble contacting your ERSA club send me a PM with your details and I will get you in contact.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick W, you need to change your signature file Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Fair point Embarassed We start club training on Monday and Wednesday evenings. We can leave the poles in for a small charge on Mondays Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick W wrote:
We can leave the poles in for a small charge on Mondays Laughing

Laughing Are you staying for the old farts training with Phil?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, No; I will be doing my training on Wednesday evenings. Monday is when my wife and kids train (all better than me now including the 7 year old); I am just the bag carrier Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the advice,
Son is now registered and can't wait for Sunday! I am not so sure I am that eager as it means quite an early start!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fizz, An even earlier start if you have to get there from Norwich Laughing Although we are not doing Sunday's race we should be there for the next ERSA on th 24th.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Fizz
Just in case you didn't make the ERSA race on sunday? (The only Mini's were from Bass not Vikings ?).Thought i'd mention that Hemel are hosting the next ERSA race at Welwyn slope on the 24th May. There is also an indoor fun race coming up that your son may like to do. That's on the 31st May at the New Fab Hemel Snow centre. All info is available on the ERSA website.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Gillian,

We live in Suffolk, but very close to Cambs border so we are members at Bassingbourn, as its alot closer than travelling to Ipswich!
We wont be at the 24th as we have a friends wedding to attend, I think the next ERSA we can get to is not until Tallington lakes!
The hemmel centre looks amazing, bit jealous of anyone who will get in!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy