Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got some time off over Christmas and thinking of taking a last minute deal to get some Christmas skiing in.

Over the last few years we have skied the Three Valleys, Les Arc, Tignes and Val a few times each but never over Christmas. The snow looks great but any thoughts about what skiing Christmas week there is like?

Also, we've skiied in Austria a few time but not for many years. I'd love to go back to the Ski Welt but its hard to ignore the snow in the Northern Alps at the moment. Anyone in Austria or heading out there soon with any insight as to how its looking?

Thanks for any information, hopefully this time next week we will be set and packed!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to LOVE Christmas in austria (did Christmas in Lech several times) but then we had a few bad years with total lack of snow and no skiing, and with a very large group the tension took its toll and we stopped going. But given how much snow has fallen recently, I would absolutely recommend you do it, and would go Austria or Italy over France.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christmas week in France is usually less busy than New Year - and with some good celebrations going on. This year, with good snow, and more pistes open for people to spread around, it should be excellent. Go for it. Christmas Day is a normal day on the slopes and in village shops.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Renmurew wrote:

Also, we've skiied in Austria a few time but not for many years. I'd love to go back to the Ski Welt but its hard to ignore the snow in the Northern Alps at the moment. Anyone in Austria or heading out there soon with any insight as to how its looking?

Thanks for any information, hopefully this time next week we will be set and packed!

The SkiWelt IS in the northern alps! Snow is the best I've seen it at this time for a good few years.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Renmurew, not quite sure what you mean by xmas skiing? Do chairlifts play hideous xmas music? Not usually. Must you wear a santa or elf suit? Not unless you really must and are prepared to tolerate the ensuing abuse.

The snow looks as though it will be excellent. Forecasts are good. It was snowing in Geneva when I popped out for a haircut.

If you can, why wouldn’t you?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think it matters where you choose. Pretty much everywhere are enjoying the best start to the season this century. Personally having booked for France because the price was too good to ignore, I would have preferred to go to Austria simply because I am a complete Austriaphile. My family and I have loved every minute we've spent there.

Wherever you choose I'm sure it will be awesome and I wish you all the very best (this is where I would normally insert the word jealous but for once I will be skiing too)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski hame in the three valleys has availability for xmas (and new year). There a great owner operator run independent chalet Co. I'm currently staying I'm their Grange a charlotte chalet in meribel and their hosts are absolutely fab..really friendly, great service and excellent food.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy