Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men’s advanced ski recommendations

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to track down some skis for my husband’s birthday, he wanted the new K2 Ikonic 84 but I’ve had a look at the spec and they are too aggressive for his style. He’s quite a relaxed, confident skier but he doesn’t ski aggressively (I do) so I said I’d find something more suitable. I’d say he’s advanced, looking for predominantly all mtn/piste ski. His current pair are 3-4 seasons old Rossignol pursuits (I think) and he’s out skiing them a bit now. Not fussy re brand or styling.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If looking for a more relaxed, playful AM ski, check out

Atomic Vantage 90 CTi
Scott The Ski
Scott Slight
Scott Black Magic
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh,I don’t know, the Ikonics look reasonable on paper.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
Oh,I don’t know, the Ikonics look reasonable on paper.

Yup, I think you're right - just checked the SCGB review, where they say it's not an intimidating ski and more on the playful, than hard charging end of the spectrum.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sportspursuit have K2 skis inc, Iconics on sale at the moment...

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/k2-dec17
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adithorp wrote:
Sportspursuit have K2 skis inc, Iconics on sale at the moment...

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/k2-dec17


Just had a look, thanks for that, unfortunately I think the saving would be negated by having to pay to get the binding mounted. Will save that site for the future though.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, but most prose written about skis is hardly worth the paper it’s written on...
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phae88 wrote:
adithorp wrote:
Sportspursuit have K2 skis inc, Iconics on sale at the moment...

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/k2-dec17


Just had a look, thanks for that, unfortunately I think the saving would be negated by having to pay to get the binding mounted. Will save that site for the future though.


You could buy skis and binding mounting tools Smile https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/binding-mounting-tools.html

A present and a project Very Happy
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive tried the Slights 93 and I liked them. I thought they were an "easy" all mountain. However, for me I prefer something that needed a bit more "charge" soI've gone for Kastle FX95HP (on sale at glide and slide just now for last years) at 181. I'm 5'9" and 84kg
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Confusingly, there's an 84 and an 84Ti (I assume a little stiffer).

The review I referred to was for the Ti version.

Glisshop have the 84 for sale - free post and will fit binding:
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/ski_set/k2/ikonic_84_m3_12_tcx_light_quikclik_black_red-124685.html
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Ive tried the Slights 93 and I liked them. I thought they were an "easy" all mountain. However, for me I prefer something that needed a bit more "charge" soI've gone for Kastle FX95HP (on sale at glide and slide just now for last years) at 181. I'm 5'9" and 84kg

Certainly opposite ends of the ski spectrum.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Confusingly, there's an 84 and an 84Ti (I assume a little stiffer).

The review I referred to was for the Ti version.

Glisshop have the 84 for sale - free post and will fit binding:
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/ski_set/k2/ikonic_84_m3_12_tcx_light_quikclik_black_red-124685.html


Can’t remember which review it was I read but they painted them as a stiff, charging ski. However have been looking at the 80ti which seems like it would suit.
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Phae88 wrote:

Can’t remember which review it was I read but they painted them as a stiff, charging ski. However have been looking at the 80ti which seems like it would suit.

FWIW. The SCGB describes this ski as very easy to use...but not so stable at speed. They sum it up as a good ski for entry level carvers, as it only performs well at lower speeds.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Head Titans might fit the bill - I find that they're capable of fast aggressive skiing but also quite easy going if you just want to slide down the hill looking at the view. 80mm underfoot makes them nice and stable and a bit more capable in mixed conditions.
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Valkyrie wrote:
Head Titans might fit the bill - I find that they're capable of fast aggressive skiing but also quite easy going if you just want to slide down the hill looking at the view. 80mm underfoot makes them nice and stable and a bit more capable in mixed conditions.

I agree.

I think the Head Supershapes seem to have invisible "Easy Going" and "Fast" settings - Rally and Magnum also excellent, for more Piste bias.
snow report     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the help all - after deliberating I ordered the K2 80ti’s - husband was happy with the spec and reviews. 👍
ski holidays     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy