Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kandahar Racing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone familiar with Kandahar Racing over in Switzerland? Wondering about the possibility of getting my son on the course for a week, maybe two, and taking the family over for a holiday at the same time if travel rules allow.

Thanks Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be many better qualified than me that can help, but I'll try! My children have trained with a couple of companies (but not Kandahar) and my advice would be to talk to Kandahar to discuss your son's needs and objectives for the camp. Depending on who you talk to, you'll hear good and bad stories about everyone providing ski race training. When you factor in that people may have unrealistic expectations on what these companies can do for one's child, it's really difficult to get a true picture.

My children really enjoy race camps and I'm sure that your son will have a great time. If you are new to it, staying nearby to observe how the camp is run will give you a feel for what's important to you if you decide to send him again his own.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @rachelharrisonsmith, it's mainly for (what is really a decadent) chance to get on the slopes and a chance to improve technique while having fun. Appreciate that we are very lucky to have this option but also wouldn't want to put anyone at unnecessary risk!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@beenative, Same as Rachel, my daughter has trained with a few but not Kandahar. Speak to them and be clear on your Son's experience and ability.

Has he done any gate training? If not it would be worth doing a few days on a UK camp in a snowdome with one the academies to see how it goes (assuming you are UK based!). Also if not, the right skis, helmet, guards etc will all be needed.

My daughter spent a few years going on camps and absolutely loved it, made great friends, and found much independence along the way and this is why I was happy to support it. Costs can soon mount up though if it becomes regular!

For UK camps have a look at British Ski Academy, Uniq snowsports, Excel Ski Academy etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Swj, Thank you, will look into these and appreciate the advice re: gate training. Hopefully should be a few options in the UK before heading further a field.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@beenative, you could also consider one of the U.K. clubs as opposed to an academy for training here before going on a camp. All the indoor slopes have a club as do most of the dry slopes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@beenative, Kandahar Racing is more dedicated race orientated training with camps all around the ski resorts.
The Kandahar Club holds kids weeks at Xmas/NY and Feb half terms in Muerren. Two groups 8-13 and 13-18. More park/fun/all mountain terrain orientated whilst improving skiing. They are quite a sight and make amazing progress in a week.
Downhill Only club in Wengen does similar.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks All, really appreciate it. Having a look at some of the UK clubs, travel rules are as vague as ever....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kandahar, ambition, evolution, impulse, Uniq all offer dry slope and fridge training camps all over the uk.
Ambition are at chill this morning and streaming it on Instagram
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy