Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next four days: Hintertux or Ischgl...where else?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off tonight for a four-day weekend Toofy Grin We're planning ski the first three at Hintertux as the snow is good and the weather is fine.

It's supposed to start snowing and get really cold from Saturday night, so I was thinking of skiing somewhere else lower down that may be open (powder daaaaaay!). We have a car so we're flexible. What would you suggest? Ischgl?

Or should we just go straight to Ischgl for the full period? It opens tomorrow, snow seems good...

(It's gotta be Austria as I'm picking up kolkie on the way, from Germany).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd head for any open lifts! No need to head high to the glaciers at the moment. There is plenty of white stuff to go around... both on and off the piste!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@horizon, If you're doing Hintertux for the first three days it might be an idea to check on the conditions at Zell am Ziller Arena or Kaltenbach/Hochfügen before you look further afield for your last day?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like East Tyrol will be seeing the brunt of the new snow on Sat (subject to change)

https://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/wetter/schneevorhersage/?t=72_96
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@horizon, I would be tempted to head straight for Ischgl...

I can't speak for Hintertux, but Obergurgl and Stubaier were RAMMED last weekend, and I assume they and 'Tux will be again this weekend. Stubai car park was full at 10am, and no-one was allowed to drive past Neustift - only ski busses (we went to Obergurgl which was better but still lots of people).

I've skied at Ischgl a few times on opening day, and even last year the vast majority of the resort was open with good snow. There's a few really nice tree-lined areas too if it snow (can't tell on the webcams if there's enough snow there to get into the trees proper yet, but I guess it's borderline).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@flangesax, indeed but a lot not open yet! For instance Alastair Pink is suggesting the Zell valley but that seems closed...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kaprun is a shorter drive than Obergurgl or Ischgl although visibilty could be a problem

https://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/wetter/berg/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@horizon, just head to ischgl. The glaciers are heaving right now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@horizon, Kaltenbach and Hochfügen are open on 25th & 26th Nov see https://www.zillertal.at/en/tips/winter/skiareas/opening-hours.html

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 22-11-17 13:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clarky999, it was the same at Tux. Also coincided with a Czech holiday.....took 60 mins to drive from Mayrhofen then had to park in the overflow. Friday and Sunday were quiet though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@horizon, Kaltenbach and Hochfügen are open on 25th & 26th Nov see https://www.zillertal.at/en/tips/winter/skiareas/opening-hours.html

thanks, you're right, I had missed this. This would fit very well with my initial plan...

...except that after all the other feedback from clarky999 and Steilhang I'm really keen on Ischgl for four days! (and there's some reasonably-priced accommodation available)[/list]
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If Ischgl opens a fair amount of runs Ischgl.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obergurgl.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@horizon, given how good the conditions currently are I’d suggest Ischgl.

I was at Planai on Saturday which was crowded and Reiteralm on Sunday which was much quieter (not quite as easy to access as Planai). I’d imagine the openning weekend at Ischgl will be fairly busy, but they should have plenty open.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone, Ischgl it is! They say they'll have 36 lifts and 159km of piste open Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy