Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Ski areas opening this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
After the heavy sniwfall quite a few resorts are opening this weekend.. in Steirmark

Try to update later
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here are a couple of lists for the planned openings (typically get pushed back if the snow is bad)

https://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/saisonstart/

http://www.skiresort.de/schneeberichte-schneehoehen/saisonstart/oesterreich/

As the cloghopper says after the recent snowfall some Ski resorts are opening even earlier this year

e.g. Schladming (Hochwurzen/Planai)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They got 2 metres in Stubai....lucky gets.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm interested in this too. Any news?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@scr, Planai at Schladming is opening on Friday, and that is where I will be. Happy days. Ange
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not fair. I am stuck in the UK for another 11 days Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarpa, aww, see you soon. Ange
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Folks making tracks down Galzig (St Anton) today
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarpa, thought you were going at the same time as me Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Driving out on the 19th. Lots to do before then Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Planai is open and fabulous. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queen bodecia, You tease. wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, indeed, QB and I enjoyed a couple of hours on Planai-Schladming this morning. I may pop back on monday after the weekend rush! Happy days. Ange. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax, You lead such a hard life but I suppose someone’s got to do it. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@geepee, its my mission to bring you regular updates over the next few months! Ange Very Happy
ski holidays
Obergurgl opening on Thursday 16 November.
snow report

Zauchensee is half-opening this Saturday! Top to bottom on the Gams side.
snow report
Kitzbühel is opening the Steinbergkogel area (with Fleckalmbahn) this weekend. The Resterkogel at Pass Thurn is also skiable, every day from this weekend (the English version is not so up to date)...

https://www.kitzski.at/de/aktuelles-service/starten-sie-im-skigebiet-kitzbuehel-kirchberg-als-erstes-in-den-winter.html
snow report
Some of Hochfügen will be open this weekend. Just for the weekend, then again, next weekend and then open until April from the weekend after - 2nd Dec.
snow conditions
espri wrote:
Kitzbühel is opening the Steinbergkogel area (with Fleckalmbahn) this weekend. The Resterkogel at Pass Thurn is also skiable, every day from this weekend (the English version is not so up to date)...

https://www.kitzski.at/de/aktuelles-service/starten-sie-im-skigebiet-kitzbuehel-kirchberg-als-erstes-in-den-winter.html

Liking this. Really hoping that things continue to look this good, or even improve, during the next two weeks. Have booked flights to Munich but haven't decided on where to go yet.
latest report
@scr, the official opening date for the Fieberbrunn-Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang Ski Circus is 1st December, though I can't say how much will be open then.
snow conditions
@espri, I have seen that too and it would be a nice option, maybe even better. Only time will tell I guess Blush
snow conditions
espri wrote:
@scr, the official opening date for the Fieberbrunn-Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang Ski Circus is 1st December, though I can't say how much will be open then.

Saalbach had a lovely grooming session on the Zwolferkogel being aired live on their facebook page earlier. There was a message flashing up about wochenende too, so they might actually be opening up for the weekend early. Worth checking.
snow report
Yes, indeed. There are lifts running on the Zwölferkogel at Hinterglemm and the Asitz at Leogang this coming weekend: https://www.saalbach.com

As I understand it, only the upper runs are skiable. Full operation from Dec 1 is still the official position.

P.S. more detailed information here: https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/current-lift-operation

Strangely it says only the second section of the Zwölferkogel gondola is running. I'm not clear how you would get to that without using the first section (I can't imagine everybody driving up to the middle station), so I presume that will also run to get folk up the hill.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 15-11-17 20:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@espri, I just found the message which included the lifts.

Still no use to me though stuck at home Sad
latest report
hammerite wrote:
Still no use to me though stuck at home Sad

Yes, better here. Just had a great day on the Kitzsteinhorn.
snow report
The upper area of the Schmittenhöhe at Zell am See is also opening up for the weekend from 17th November, with the Breiteck, Kapellen and Ketting lifts running and access via the trassXpress gondola - details here: https://www.schmitten.at/en/news-info/schmitten-blog/weekend-operation_bb3353 .
snow report
Hochfügen too: https://www.hochfuegenski.com/en/.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
espri wrote:
Yes, indeed. There are lifts running on the Zwölferkogel at Hinterglemm and the Asitz at Leogang this coming weekend: https://www.saalbach.com

As I understand it, only the upper runs are skiable. Full operation from Dec 1 is still the official position.

P.S. more detailed information here: https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/current-lift-operation

Strangely it says only the second section of the Zwölferkogel gondola is running. I'm not clear how you would get to that without using the first section (I can't imagine everybody driving up to the middle station), so I presume that will also run to get folk up the hill.

Messages on their FB page today saying that their snowmaking team have managed to cover the lower section of the Zwolfer, so it will be open top to bottom.
snow conditions
Austria has the best conditions in Western Europe at the moment.
snow report
New snow snowHead
60 cm Dachstein
50 cm Kaprun & Tauplitz

https://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC

Tauplitz doesn't open till first week Dec, any of the Salzburg gang know if the management @ Tauplitz are OK about skinning up the piste? If so anybody fancy a Skitour at Tauplitz this Sunday?
snow report
DB wrote:
New snow snowHead
60 cm Dachstein

Toofy Grin Cool Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@DB, I can't answer about Tauplitz, but Zauchensee has plenty of people touring up the pistes that are not yet open. There is even a snow wall on the small section of piste that is open. Ange.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy