Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowsports Night - Peak District

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last few years I've fancied going to watch the Warren Miller films but they never seem to be showing within a reasonable distance to home.

So I've been thinking about putting on a film / snow sports night myself but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested. We live in the Peak District so there should be lots of snow loving folks around (I hope)

Does this sound like a good idea??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://medium.com/@theiaincameron/25-records-of-year-round-snow-surviving-at-eldon-hole-peak-district-790355bcbed4

Home of England’s only recorded 12 month snow patch !

Great idea hope you get some interest. Plenty of outdoor people around that area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter S wrote:
https://medium.com/@theiaincameron/25-records-of-year-round-snow-surviving-at-eldon-hole-peak-district-790355bcbed4
Home of England’s only recorded 12 month snow patch !

Until recently I used to walk there, often several times a week. Lovely place, but never saw anything approaching said great glacier... Course, not being speliologically minded, I was above ground.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Somewhere on Bleaklow 27 Feb 2005:

And more ideas here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2617477
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the original question- yes, that sounds like a great idea. Living in the flat bit to the east of the Peak District I miss the hills and there never seem to be any ski films showing near me. I’d support a snow sports/film night a bit closer to home!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e wrote:
We live in the Peak District

Yet your location is shown as "Ukraine" Puzzled Have you moved, or are we talking of the Ukrainian Peak District? Do they have one? Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like a good idea, although I'm a bit out of the way.

Don't know if your aware of https://www.banff-uk.com/ which has been touring every year for over 5 years now. There is a couple of viewings in Malvern, might be something closer. They usually announce a handful more dates in the new year too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a word with Outside in Hathersage, it’s the sort of thing they might be interested in putting on in the cafe upstairs if there was enough interest.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Sheffield Adventure Film Festival usually has a decent proportion of snow-themed offerings; next one's in March, I think. I'm sure I've been to something in Buxton too in the past, might've been the Banff one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy