Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Book seats on a charter flight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody used www.charterflights.co.uk?

Any issues?

Also the specific flights I am looking at are Gatwick to Chambery on Thomson flights (I think as TOM is flight number). It is £49 per set of skis and poles upto 15kg...any recent experience of booking one and taking a double ski bag with two sets? Obviously under the 15kg limit?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Use them every year, without any problems. A couple of years ago I wanted flights to and from Turin. Charterflights price was somewhere about £170. As the flight was operated by Thomson, I went in to their local shop to book, thinking I might get additional discount as a SCGB member. They offered the same flights -£275. So back home to book online. I haven't taken double skis but have stuffed the ski bag with goodies I was taking out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deerman wrote:
Use them every year, without any problems. A couple of years ago I wanted flights to and from Turin. Charterflights price was somewhere about £170. As the flight was operated by Thomson, I went in to their local shop to book, thinking I might get additional discount as a SCGB member. They offered the same flights -£275. So back home to book online. I haven't taken double skis but have stuffed the ski bag with goodies I was taking out.

Thanks! I have beeb trying to work out if there was a better way to book those seats. The flights I want are £249 return. Although we can get to Geneva from Heathrow with Swiss for less, Chambery cuts down commute time and are more social hours... if I select better times with Swiss then these flights are cheaper.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have used them a few times (also trade as ski-flights.com). I use them for the Tui flight from Edinburgh to Innsbruck and was a lot cheaper than booking direct. Pretty sure that the ski carriage is 15kg per bag with Tui which I’ve paid for. Have never had an issue with multiple skis in the one bag as long as not exceeding limit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski wrote:
Have used them a few times (also trade as ski-flights.com). I use them for the Tui flight from Edinburgh to Innsbruck and was a lot cheaper than booking direct. Pretty sure that the ski carriage is 15kg per bag with Tui which I’ve paid for. Have never had an issue with multiple skis in the one bag as long as not exceeding limit.

Thanks! Yes found both but realised they were the same Happy

I also found by looking at Ski-flights Facebook page they were offering free ski carriage for bookings before end Sep. Sadly SFaB wasn’t on the cards then Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
deerman wrote:

Thanks! I have beeb trying to work out if there was a better way to book those seats. The flights I want are £249 return. Although we can get to Geneva from Heathrow with Swiss for less, Chambery cuts down commute time and are more social hours... if I select better times with Swiss then these flights are cheaper.

Don't want to throw a dampner on things but charter flights are far more frequently late and Chambery is notorious for delays and cancellations in bad weather.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was reckoning should be he fine in April?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T Bar wrote:
Don't want to throw a dampner on things but charter flights are far more frequently late and Chambery is notorious for delays and cancellations in bad weather.

I've never been delayed coming into Chambery, just lucky I guess. But i have spent hours queuing in the passport control shed and then waiting for baggage on those tiny carousels. I've often found myself wondering whether the time saved in transfer is all lost at the airport anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RichClark, when eldest gets travel sick and the need to toilet stops with younger travelers... don’t mind the time per se it is the time in a vehicle that is the main concern Happy

Waiting at baggage reclaim there is at least toilets available.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, perfectly good reasons and the reason I still opt for Chambery when I'm with my son. Otherwise, I prefer GVA then I'm by myself or with friends.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Out of curiosity I have been on the Crystal ski website to check prices of flights only. Their last flight of the season is 31st March at £680 !! ( I assume that as part of TUI they are using Thomson flights to Chambery...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy