Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hestra/other mitts needed for a good cause

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping that the collected spare kit pile of Snowheads may be able to assist with an unusual request.

We have a friend who will be taking her first ski holiday in February, which will be a challenge as she has 1.5 fingers out of 4 on her left hand (the middle two are not there, and the index finger is half sized), and feels the cold fairly badly.

We've suggested having a mitt customised to provide a closer fit on the left hand to keep it warmer, as it is probably easier to modify a mitt rather than try to restitch four fingers of a glove, and if necessary the mitt can be boosted with more insulation. However, while the Hestra mitts (either 3-finger or full mitts) would be ideal, the cost of ~£110 for the mitts and then £60-80 for someone to modify it is a lot to ask for a trial ski trip.

Does anyone have any kit lying around which is the wrong size, stained but still good, the wrong colour or unsold stock/returns which are gathering dust which could be put to good use? If so, let me know what you'd want for them, and we can hopefully help out and gain another Snowhead...

Something around a Hestra size 7 would be ideal, or a 6 may fit - ladies medium to small.

Alternatively, if anyone has any other suggestions they'd be very welcome.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy