Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Monday 25th March Geneva - Val-D'Isere - Help pls...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I need to get a cheap (& safe) transfer from Geneva airport to Val-D'Isere on Monday 25th March at 20:30 (plane lands from London at 20:05. As I'm travelling alone I need to find a shared transport as the cost is too high for a private transfer. All I've looked at so far don't make this trip on a Monday evening. Any suggestions appreciated pls! Smile

(Background is I was due to arrive on Fri 22nd with a group but have now been invited for a job interview on 25th which I can't miss the chance of the opportunity. So I'm trying to join up with the group after the interview and make the most of the last 3 days of the trip).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-02-24 22:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow-drone are showing a shared transfer at 1030 the following morning. A night in an airport hotel? 2100hrs is too late to get a shared transfer with most companies.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Smile Arriving on resort Tues pm, seems hardly worth me going/ travel cost for 2 ½ days on the slopes as the group leaves Fri Sad Sad Is the lack of evening shared transfers due to lack of customers at that time of day or is it not advisable/ safe to travel up the mountains then? Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Latlum, Just not enough customers, otherwise they’d be doing it! It’s very competitive market.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Latlum, It’s generally lack of customers at that time of arrival. Very few people want to arrive in resort at midnight.
You could try posting on one of the local Facebook pages, try 1st Lifts Tarentaise Transfers.
Or a small rental car ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Latlum, just a heads up, the 28th of march is a Thursday (i know as i am travelling out that eve), not sure if it makes any difference to you or not, but just wanted to point out in case you were looking at a calendar for bookings
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arggg that you my typo!! Thank you .. It's MONDAY 25th March... Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can I edit/ correct this post pls?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
muppet wrote:
@Latlum, It’s generally lack of customers at that time of arrival. Very few people want to arrive in resort at midnight.
You could try posting on one of the local Facebook pages, try 1st Lifts Tarentaise Transfers.
Or a small rental car ?

Thank you !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Latlum, if you scroll up to your first post, you should see a little scissors icon on the right hand side. Click on that, and you'll be able to edit that post, including the thread title.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fixx wrote:
@Latlum, if you scroll up to your first post, you should see a little scissors icon on the right hand side. Click on that, and you'll be able to edit that post, including the thread title.
Thank you so much! Edited.. sorry brain in a bit of a mash atm due to Uni stuff overload..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
muppet wrote:
Or a small rental car ?

Thank you so much! I have now posted to that FB group!...

Car rental is def an option, I'm an inexperienced driver tho.. but I'm not scared of the prospect if it gets me to resort Monday eve as opposed to Tues morning.. Is it safe/ difficult route to Val Disere? Could I do it?? Confused

Just looked into this.. and I'd need to do a 4 day rental pick up/ deliver back to airport so it's expensive.. probabLy more so than private transfer...

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 19-02-24 23:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are there any other FB groups (Val D'Isere ones maybe?) that I could post to? To try and find a shared transfer..?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe I should look at a good value private transfer..? Suggestions pls... Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="Latlum"]Maybe I should look at a good value private transfer..? Suggestions pls...... Confused
latest report
Quote:

Is it safe/ difficult route to Val Disere?

Val d'Isere is a somewhat long but easy and safe drive from Geneva. From Bourg Saint Maurice, the road runs all the way along the side of the valley, so it climbs gradually with few hairpins (only 4 and they're very mellow, either side of Sainte Foy) and not much exposure by mountain road standards.
snow conditions
Overnight hotel and a really early (before 06:00) train could get you to Bourg St Maurice by about 10:30, so perhaps late morning in Val. Possibly the cheapest option but still later than you want.
latest report
Quote:

Maybe I should look at a good value private transfer..? Suggestions pls......

I don't know about 'good value' but I have used Mountain Drop Offs many times for shared and private transfers and haven't been let down by them. I would probably not be surprised by a private transfer to Val D being close to 400 euros based on what I had to pay to Cham last year. Lesson learnt that booking a late flight to save £100 costs more in the long run!
snow report
Probably a bit far off for anyone to be posting a ride share on BlaBlaCar, not to mention a long shot generally because of the time / distance, but might also be worth keeping an eye on.

Presumably you did ask about rescheduling the interview? Disappointing if the potential employer can't find a way to work around the fact you already have a holiday booked.
latest report
Quote:

Presumably you did ask about rescheduling the interview? Disappointing if the potential employer can't find a way to work around the fact you already have a holiday booked.

Good point, generally when I interview we are doing it over a week anyway so would aim to reschedule if at all possible if you were away.
snow conditions
I did single private transfer Geneva to Tignes last February with cool runnings ( info@coolrunnings.eu) and it cost me 260 euros. Big minibus all to myself. Looked at lots of options, great driver, good service. Not cheap but probably best option
snow conditions
@Latlum You can get a shared private transfer for about €250 which is probably what I would do in the circumstances
ski holidays
Latlum wrote:
muppet wrote:
Or a small rental car ?

Thank you so much! I have now posted to that FB group!...

Car rental is def an option, I'm an inexperienced driver tho.. but I'm not scared of the prospect if it gets me to resort Monday eve as opposed to Tues morning.. Is it safe/ difficult route to Val Disere? Could I do it?? Confused

Just looked into this.. and I'd need to do a 4 day rental pick up/ deliver back to airport so it's expensive.. probabLy more so than private transfer...

Holiday Autos website is offering a Fiesta for £179 for that 4 day period Very Happy . If you book through Quidco (cashback site - free to join) you would also get 5.5% cashback. Every little helps! wink

So a hirecar return transfer would be a fair bit cheaper than even a one way private transfer Very Happy .
latest report
@Bergmeister, Still got the cost of parking on top of that though.
snow report
rjs wrote:

and fuel and vignette if french car and go on Swiss motorway. And snow chain hire......
ski holidays
risb98 wrote:
rjs wrote:

and fuel and vignette if french car and go on Swiss motorway. And snow chain hire......

Still, I think, cheaper than a private (one way) transfer. Holiday Autos above price was for a car from the Swiss side wink .

Mind, I have no idea how much parking would cost....

In my experience they now only charge for snow chains if you use them ie break the cable tie on the chains box (in the car boot).
latest report
Legend. wrote:
@Latlum You can get a shared private transfer for about €250 which is probably what I would do in the circumstances

Isn't that a contradiction? A shared private transfer Puzzled
latest report
Bergmeister wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Absolutely. Not really. Yes, but no. It's effectively a mini bus with a number of people in doing a transfer. So a private transfer shared by a group. Much like you can get shared private ski lessons. Absolutely quite confusing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alps2Alps, who I've used a fair bit and are very reliable is coming up at 306EUR for the 1 way trip. They would be reliable and safe, but not necessarily fitting your "cheap" criteria.
latest report
Thank you!
ski holidays
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Probably a bit far off for anyone to be posting a ride share on BlaBlaCar, not to mention a long shot generally because of the time / distance, but might also be worth keeping an eye on.

Thank you... it's an All day assessment centre, they're offering Mon 25th and Tues 26th.. 10 candidates each day for 2 available positions.. (12 month Uni placement).. so I'm doubtful they will run another assessment day and reticent to ask the question save giving an indication of lack of keenness ... (only a 10% chance of landing a role). Plus, in my haste to reply.. I've already said I'm available on Monday 25th, in hindsight I should probably have mentioned that 'I'm on holiday and just checking there's no alternative assessment centre, if not I would rearrange my trip'. Probably a bit late/ looks unprofessional to do that now Sad (?)
snow report
dunc999 wrote:
Alps2Alps, who I've used a fair bit and are very reliable is coming up at 306EUR for the 1 way trip. They would be reliable and safe, but not necessarily fitting your "cheap" criteria.

Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
stevomcd wrote:
Quote:

Is it safe/ difficult route to Val Disere?

Val d'Isere is a somewhat long but easy and safe drive from Geneva. From Bourg Saint Maurice, the road runs all the way along the side of the valley, so it climbs gradually with few hairpins (only 4 and they're very mellow, either side of Sainte Foy) and not much exposure by mountain road standards.

Cheers..
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
Or a small rental car ?

Thanks for the suggestions Smile
latest report
risb98 wrote:
I did single private transfer Geneva to Tignes last February with cool runnings ( info@coolrunnings.eu) and it cost me 260 euros. Big minibus all to myself. Looked at lots of options, great driver, good service. Not cheap but probably best option

Thank you! I've looked them up, and the transfer cost is still about what you said, and that is doable. Thank you! A lot cheaper than Others I've looked at!
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Thank you! I'm def leaning that way.. Very Happy €250 is doable so far I only found €400 which is too much Sad
snow conditions
Thank you all! Have booked a shared private transfer with Cool Runnings for €250 Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Latlum, great outcome

i have shared their details with a bloke who is coming to VT with us at easter, as he is travelling out Friday and back Tuesday, looked at their website and was impressed that you can get a shared transfer for 80 euros or private minibus for 250 euros each way, seems great value.
snow conditions
Hope you get the job too! Good luck. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy