Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/board hire recommendations for Mayrhofen?

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all - first time to Mayrhofen where we are not on a package - so need to pick my own hire shop. Any recommendations for a place with decent equipment (and fitting)?

There will be a couple of beginners with us but otherwise we are good intermediates.

Tx
RC
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maybe

https://www.moreboards.com/moreboards-mayrhofen

a sorry...you want also ski. Then somewhere else probably.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, it will be a mix of board and ski (possibly with changes during the week), and as we have beginners in tow, I'd like to stick to one place. I'll probably just book with skiset as they have a shop nearby and were decent enough in Zell...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My kids normally rent at "Rent for fun", right across the road from the Penken lift.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So... having typed "skiset" into the above post, I see that it links to a page advising against using them and recommending Alpinresorts instead.

Could be a good bet as their prices look very decent, BUT... that page link also suggests using the discount code SNOWBALL for the best price. Unfortunately on the Alpinresorts website, that code isn't recognised. Maybe just a very old bit of info, but if there is a new code that can be used, I'd be more than happy to save a few more quid Very Happy

Any ideas anyone...?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try mietski, we had great service and prices when we used them in St Anton

https://www.mietski.com/en/?gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm-SJzaiRggMVKCzUAR3naAO3EAAYASAAEgKfWfD_BwE
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try ALPISKI for the discount code it takes a little bit off. I’m just searching for another code I was sent by them which may be better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andmelffion, will do, and helpful that you mentioned St Anton as I'll be there in January!

@jirac18, Thanks, I just did a forum search and found the ALPISKI code on an old thread for the 22/23 season. That gives me another 3% off which is something (BLKFRDAY does exactly the same thing) - so any improvement on that will be nice!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NEWS133 also works but I think it’s the same discount as ALPISKI. Sorry can’t find the one they sent last week as I have cleared my deleted emails. Hopefully someone else who has used them recently will be along shortly with a better one

There is defo a better one recently released but I’m damned if I can remember it but it’s different from the above old ones. Kicking myself for deleting it now
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andmelffion, I've not fully priced Mietski but looks like it's 30-40% more than Alpinresorts.com

@jirac18, Oh well never mind, and thanks for looking. It's already coming out at around £100/person for 6 days (mix of 4* board and 5* ski plus boots) so I can't really complain.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No worries, been a while since we used them - the other place we have used in the past was snowell.com
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure of their relative cost but Greenroom was the best place I’ve rented a board anywhere. Ended up with a Jones Flagship after a short chat with the tech to find out my preferences
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@michebiche, Do you mean the Greenroom in Mayrhofen specifically? They are one of the options listed on Alpinresorts, and although it looks like they'd be about 10% more than the shop I'd already priced up (one closest to our hotel), it would be worth it for a good recommendation! That said, the 2 boarders in our group are the beginners, so selfishly I'm more interested in ski quality Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That’s the one yes - it was recommended by our hotel and turned out great! Think my wife’s skis were good too but I wasn’t focused on them snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the last code I used from alpinresorts a few weeks ago was PROMOTIX, not sure if it still works but if it does check all the shops. The first one we were going to hire from it gave us 5% off but from Hervis it gave us 20% off so ended up with 3 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots and 2 helmets for 247gbp with free flexi.

Used Hervis in Saalbach and they were really flexible swapping stuff over for us.

The store we used in Mayrhofen year before last neither of the lads doing skis had ever skied or boarded and neither had the lady fitting the boots!
ski holidays
@ollski2.0, @ratechaser, PROMOTIX that’s the one I was looking for!

Friend of mine rented from Greenroom on our trip last January they seemed pretty good. Service was quality not just a throw these on and get out type outfit at all.
ski holidays
ollski2.0 wrote:
I think the last code I used from alpinresorts a few weeks ago was PROMOTIX, not sure if it still works but if it does check all the shops. The first one we were going to hire from it gave us 5% off but from Hervis it gave us 20% off so ended up with 3 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots and 2 helmets for 247gbp with free flexi.

Used Hervis in Saalbach and they were really flexible swapping stuff over for us.

The store we used in Mayrhofen year before last neither of the lads doing skis had ever skied or boarded and neither had the lady fitting the boots!

Thanks! The code actually gave me the same 3% discount as the others on the shop I was already looking at - but then I repriced with the Hervis shop in Mayrhofen, and I got 8% - plus it was a bit cheaper to start with. It's a longer walk from the hotel, but got it down to under £550 for all of us, so I'm very happy with that!

As an aside, I've noticed a huge variability with boot hire costs - from about £20 up to £60 when added on to skis (and there's no obvious differentiation in quality). The cynic in me wonders if some shops lower their basic ski hire price in order to advertise themselves as 'cheapest', and make up the difference with the boots...
ski holidays
Another shout out for the Greenroom from a snowboard perspective!
snow report
This information is really useful! We are heading to Mayrhofen on the 20th of December - I will definitely book sooner rather than later with one of the discount codes.
ski holidays
@REM1, AlpinResorts.com makes the point that they waive their handling fee if you book before the end of October. I have no idea what their handling fee normally is, but given you can cancel until the day before hire, I figured it was worth getting it booked now...
snow conditions
AlpinResorts just emailed this morning with a new discount code expiring 31st October

HALLOWSKI

I haven't tried it to see what if anything extra over the other codes it may offer.
ski holidays
@jirac18, isn't that a Russian greeting Laughing

Ah well, booked now. Maybe I'll reprice with that but unless it makes a big difference, not sure I can be bothered to cancel and rebook - I already think that £90 each is very good...

Now if only there was a discount code for the crazy expensive lift passes....
snow report
jirac18 wrote:
AlpinResorts just emailed this morning with a new discount code expiring 31st October

HALLOWSKI

I haven't tried it to see what if anything extra over the other codes it may offer.

So update on this - the HALLOWSKI code was accepted but it gave zero discount when I tried it with the Hervis shop in Mayrhofen. Clearly it's selective where it will work...
snow conditions
JimboS wrote:
My kids normally rent at "Rent for fun", right across the road from the Penken lift.

Having been to Mayrhofen many many times, the above is the correct answer, even if it costs a little more. The shop is owned by a Brit called Ian, who is often in the shop providing helpful advice. The skis and boots are great quality and location could not be any better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy