Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying ski passes online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
is it worth getting the ski passes online before we go?
we're off to Kitz, is there any advantage to buying the passes online?
how long will it take for them to arrive etc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gazzaredcruiser, Really? When you order online from most places in Austria you will get a confirmation and ticket number. You may still have to go to the Ticket Office to collect them. Not really worth it unless you're booking early for discounts or you think the Pound is going to go through the floor. For families you usually get better options in resort.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 18-01-20 11:01; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booked my lift passes for Salbaach in Austria and they arrived within days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
not worth it in case of delay, cancel, etc.
just means one more thing needed to take care of if the worse happens.
Lots of ticket offices open fairly late on a Saturday, so pick up on arrival.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Not really worth it unless you're booking early for discounts...

Indeed, the Jungfrau region skipass is available online with up to 20% discount on the normal price provided you buy it at least 3 weeks in advance of the first day of validity
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alastair Pink, Had a look at that. Not available for Saturday bookings (6 days) in Feb, but you can get a 7 day pass starting on the Friday for less money. Must be a catch somewhere.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Had a look at that. Not available for Saturday bookings (6 days) in Feb, but you can get a 7 day pass starting on the Friday for less money. Must be a catch somewhere.

Well the Saturdays 1st and 8th Feb fall within the 21 day advance booking exclusion period measured from today. I'm pretty certain you would have been able to get a discounted Saturday 6 day skipass for later February Saturdays if you'd booked it earlier. The discounted Saturday 6 day skipass is currently available for Saturdays from 29th Feb onwards. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone, there's no financial gain, i just wanted to remove one faff on arrival and get sliding as soon as possible. we're arriving on a Sunday and our closest lift is Jochberg and i wasn't sure if we woould be able to buy a pass at that end. didn't want to go into Kitzbuhel on Sunday if i could avoid it.
Does anyone know if there is a lift pass office at the Jochberg lift?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gazzaredcruiser, https://www.kitzski.at/de/tickets-gutscheine/kassen-verkaufsstellen-direkt-am-einstieg-ins-skigebiet.html says yes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, thank you so much Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And it'll be quiet! Jochberg is a lovely area, the Kitz crowds don't make it over that way usually.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most hotels in Austria can sell you ski passes. We just get ours from the hotel when we arrive, they just add it on to our bill. Same price as going to the ticket office
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Where it's been an option I've always bought my ski passes online in advance and never had any problems. Provided you do it say 4 weeks+ before your trip you have time for them to not arrive and chase them up. Worst case they don't turn up and you end up in the queue at the lift pass office to sort it out. The same queue at the lift pass office you'd be standing in if you'd left buying till you arrived in resort, so no loss.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also, many resorts used to offer a discount on line but a lot of these have gone (notably Tignes and VDI). I now tell mates not to book online in case we are stormbound by one or two lifts on the first day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy