Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glencoe pushing on with Snowfactory

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apparently Glencoe still hope to have a Snowfactory machine in place for December despite falling short on their crowdfunding attempts. Such a proactive attitude and I really hope it pays off and works for them...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1924766700884435&id=111429118884878

Sorry, can't find a direct link to their newsletter. But can be read via the above Facebook link.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[THE PROJECT] https://www.pledgesports.org/projects/glencoe-mountain-snow-making-project/

[DIRECT LINK] http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/578510/13d853a918/ARCHIVE

Great news!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So... they're decades behind other resorts in Europe in installing snowguns... Can't raise enough funds for the new kit... And the track-construction is behind schedule...

It's a disaster.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The use of crowdfunding to try and pay for snowmaking infrastructure seemed a little desperate to me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
whitegold.....without being bit of a dick...shut-up!!

Glencoe is the oldest and smallest of the scottish resorts, they have struggled with poor winter weather for several years and the resulting loss of income has mean they haven't had the investment that other larger european resorts regularly welcome. they don't get any goverment help and are a community based operation.

The new up-track has been held up due to delays in the planning process by the highland council which stopped them from starting construction add to that the two autumn storms which haven't helped.

Andy (the boss at Glencoe) has managed to secure a brand new PB600 / re-build the access chair (new gear box and motor) / secure a 2nd hand chair from Fugen which is currently being built / build a new dry slope at the bottom of the hill to help bring in money on poor snow weeks and diversify the business with the first at resort accommodation in the uk with camping / hobbit huts and camper van hook ups, which provide a steady year round revenue....in short he has worked a friggin miracle.

so you can have your opinion but pease know the story before running your mouth!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
don't worry about whitegold, literally anything he posts is about something in Europe being a "disaster"

I don't know how we manage.......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@enduroaid here here
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I ski Glencoe every year and Andy has done a fantastic job getting it to where it is today, but I felt that the snow factory campaign was really poorly communicated i.e. why is this business asking for crowdfunding like it's a not for profit, and the incentives for putting money into it were very poor. £250 gets you a free day of skiing and a t-shirt, £2500 gets you a mention on the website, Facebook and some branding on site.

I wish them all the success with this, but I just can't see them getting the support for it without a clearer message behind it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm curious about what sort of quality the resulting snow might be? The prevailing Scottish conditions of high humidity (100% many times...), volatile temperatures low altitude and wind are not shrieking "great snow" to me. It's not the Dolomites...I would be concerned about crowd funding hailstones. But i fully accept I may need enlightening Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are so many times when it is freezing in Scotland but the snow was not good enough to ski. So many days where I said, damn if only. Having some snow made to store nad top up will help dramatically in Jan and Feb.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy