Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna likes a Virgin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is going to be longest weekend of the year and the longest lay in tomorrow.
So its the time of year when we used to pour over the glossy catalogues of ski holiday, now we just tap away on our laptops to trawl through the countries, resorts and hotels as we compare prices and pistes.

Anyway for years I've always fancied the thought of going to Madonna di Campiglio,
I don't know why I've got this itch, but is it time I scratched it?

The downside for me is I would have to fly from Gatwick rather than Luton or Stansted.

I dont know anyone who has ever been there ....
So lets hear from the experienced.

I'm just a Virgin to Madonna
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DrLawn, It’s probably in Vogue at the moment. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beautiful mountains, ski area has lots of access points so no big queues and you can get to every piste from anywhere, slopes face different directions so you can follow the sun / keep in the the good condition snow, good mountain restaurants at reasonable prices.

Italians all seem to go off for a long lunch and leave the slopes quiet.

If you are an average skier and don't want loads of off-piste I'd say it was great.

Can't vouch for the apres ski as we always used to stay in a hotel up at Campo Carlo Magna. But I guess it's expensive!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beautiful mountains, really well maintained pistes and great snowmaking, I was there in early Jan last year, and despite minimal natural sniw the pistes were excellent. Nice variety of runs and smashing on/ near piste restaurants. Can't speak for the town as we stayed in Folgarida - which is reportedly not as smart as MdC itself. The main problem with staying in Folgarida was the slow lift back from the MdC side - but that has been replaced this summer!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers @geepee you got the drift.

Ah yes @Matt1959, Italians seem to prefer lunch and a sit in the sun more than skiing, but I cant blame them for enjoying their food its great.

I'm not expecting raucous Apres Ski @Tubaski, our Mediterranean brothers like to go to bed early (I don't know why) rather than get lathered till the wee hours as us Northern Europeans have to.

I've just read that as a senior ... I get a discount on the lift pass Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant resort. Great mountain restaurants. On mountain toilets more like Austrian standards than the Italian holes in the ground you sometimes encounter.
Well worth a day in Pinzolo (I think I got that name right).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DrLawn, I’ve been a few times for a rather esoteric conference. It’s nice but I wouldn’t make the effort to go back. (Edit: it’s a long drive from Geneva).

Why the attraction?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 29-10-17 10:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DrLawn, We went about three years ago and had a great time. Food was great. Pistes were immaculately maintained. The amount of skiing started to feel a bit limited but that might have been partially due to the fact that it was snowing so much (late March) that the viz was poor and we chose not to venture over to Marielleva. Our experience of Pinzolo was different from above. Nice ski area but it takes too long to get over there. Most lifts are fats and modern, but there were a couple out of Campo Carlo Magna that were old and slow. I wouldn’t consider staying in that area unless they have been replaced.

Our trip was organised by Enchanted Holidays. We weren’t planning to use a TO, but Dominic (the owner) managed to get us a better deal for less than we could achieve ourselves. Dominic is a SnowHead (Campiglio) but I don’t think he posts often. He is definitely worth talking to as he knows the area better than anyone. Also, search SnowHeads for ‘MdC’ and you’ll find one or two threads that may be of interest.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have just booked up with Enchanted Holidays and Dominic has been great to deal with, he really bent over backwards to help,and seems to have great relationships with the hotels he deals with, we are heading out in late February and can't wait to ski this area for the first time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for the feedback so far guys, I don't know where I'll end up but its good to start day dreaming about sunny slopes, bombardinos, pizza, espresso & sambucca with an odd number of coffee beans.
Ciao Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gandie wrote:
We have just booked up with Enchanted Holidays and Dominic has been great to deal with, he really bent over backwards to help,and seems to have great relationships with the hotels he deals with, we are heading out in late February and can't wait to ski this area for the first time.

Great to hear it. I’ve been singing Dominic’s praises for a while now and worried that he wasn’t getting the business he deserved from the SH community. He was brilliant for us, and his guide to MdC was invaluable. I think I posted it on here a while back.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can’t say that was my experience with Dominic - granted that was when he first started but I wouldn’t risk it a second time (caused a lot of ill feeling with a hotel I had been to many times).

Ski Independence have now added Madonna to their destinations - always found them very reliable. Certainly worth a trip.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can’t say that was my experience with Dominic - granted that was when he first started but I wouldn’t risk it a second time (caused a lot of ill feeling with a hotel I had been to many times).

Ski Independence have now added Madonna to their destinations - always found them very reliable. Certainly worth a trip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy