Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking for Jan 2025

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just a little jealous of all you lucky folks skiing this year, and realising I've missed the boat (the diary/budget is done for this year) I've decided to make arrangements to ski January 2025.
I'm wondering if I would get the best deal booking in advance this year or waiting until the sales in January? And in general, I'd appreciate any advice on booking. I'm fine with putting the time in to organise flights & local buses/trains etc to the resort etc.
I did hear about a budget polish company but so far haven't figured out how to translate https://snowEvents.pl/wyjazdy-na-narty-i-snowboard?fbclid=IwAR2_zTV-0v99_rvjzh524ZIZOZTPD0n8jSAURygcyyYlUWnVLzHIEYk6oIk
My needs are any country, the resort/town/village area not too party,boozy but with some life in it, beginner to intermediate slopes, self board, a place 200m from the lifts and budget, budget, budget.
I could drive (from the UK) but probably would prefer to fly.
I've been on one skiing holiday - so a beginner - at Tigne les brevieres about 8 years ago which was lovely although a bit of a hassle getting to the main resort.
It'll be with me and my two adult children age 30 & 26, both intermediate.
I'd appreciate your advice.
TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well
if you do package, then crystal is already selling for 2025
if you do DIY then you need to decide which country.
BA flights go on sale just under a year in advance. So you could have the flights locked in or wait until other airlines release theirs.
Then left with resort choice & accommodation. For DIY, you will probably not be able to book anything for at least 6 months, if not longer.

Same goes with driving... chunnel or ferry - you should have an idea of the price & lock them in when they are roughly at their cheapest.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are all booked for 2025 Shocked
So barring the world being fried to a post nuclear crisp by then. ( other tempests may be available)
We are going back to Arabba January and Ischgl March via TO
Same hotels etc more or less same weeks
With offers for passes etc we are in for £14 extra (it may be I paid to much this year ? rolling eyes )
I did look at diy but the savings were not worth the effort
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I did look at diy but the savings were not worth the effort

I think the main advantage of DIY is that the package tour operators only offer a limited choice of resorts and accommodation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree but we were after places that they have had before
Complication we need an extra single room for someone but all sorted.
What i did notice is the available rooms disappeared very quickly this year. We are usually slower booking.
No idea if this is due to the hotels been popular (both are very nice) or if the TO has taken a smaller alaction?
Got to a point where comfort and good food are well up the essentials list. Well past the point of sleeping in a converted cow shed rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you considered the pre birthday bash? Exceedingly good value & single rooms available
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And in beautiful surroundings
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy