Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU Air Passenger Rights --No Longer

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/290077/airlines-draw-up-brexit-contingency-plans
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Again another Stanton headline that is only a little bit true. Under the EU current EU regs any flight that either departs from or arrives in an EU country is subject to the Passenger Rights. So any UK - EU flight post brexit will be covered.

Imagine my surprise that European airlines want to see punitive action against successful UK airlines who have generally beaten them hands down.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funny

I saw the thread title and I thought to my self

"I bet that is from Stanton"..................
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway, I don't think that's quite right.

Flights TO the EU are only covered if they are operated by an EU airline. Flights FROM the EU are covered for both EU and non-EU airlines. So if there isn't any negotiated extension, then post-Brexit it will depend on who you fly with, and the compensation rules could differ for outbound and return flights.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Of the main lo-co airlines that fly UK-EU, Ryanair is Irish, BA is Iberia and Easyjet has relocated itself away from the UK and is now an Austrian company.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't have any tickets to hand, but as I understand it although BA is part of IAG most UK tickets are still likely to be issued by British Airways plc or BA Cityflyer Ltd, both of which are still British. EasyJet tickets may still be issued by the British operation EasyJet Airline Company Limited.

That doesn't of course mean that either company couldn't decide in future to sell either all tickets or just EU-destination tickets from an EU-based subsidiary - but there may be commercial disadvantages to that approach. So absent a negotiated Brexit agreement I don't think the current Rights are guaranteed to continue.

Clearly another reason to fly Ryanair! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aren't the disadvantages to UK airlines of no deal being struck reciprocal? That is, aren't all the EU flights to UK in the same boat post Brexit?

CG
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ecureuil wrote:
@chocksaway, I don't think that's quite right.

Flights TO the EU are only covered if they are operated by an EU airline. Flights FROM the EU are covered for both EU and non-EU airlines. So if there isn't any negotiated extension, then post-Brexit it will depend on who you fly with, and the compensation rules could differ for outbound and return flights.

Correct.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ecureuil wrote:
decide in future to sell either all tickets or just EU-destination tickets from an EU-based subsidiary

That would mean all airlines taxes being paid to the EU
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stanton, We know what the UK voted for - To leave the EU, there are no surprises or shocks.
Some good stuff - eg. we'll get duty free back again. Some bad stuff, - eg. Scottish roads won't be paid for by the EU.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
ecureuil wrote:
decide in future to sell either all tickets or just EU-destination tickets from an EU-based subsidiary

That would mean all airlines taxes being paid to the EU

Does the EU levy taxes?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Charliegolf, if the airlines are doing their business from an eu country that is where they will be subject to Tax.

Currently EasyJet etc will be there tax to the UK but no longer once they move
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiteman69 wrote:
Funny

I saw the thread title and I thought to my self

"I bet that is from Stanton"..................

100% that!

Maybe a name in the title could save me checking!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Some good stuff - eg. we'll get duty free back again

Pity the whisky selections at foreign airports are so dire. 2 bottles per trip abroad isn't going to make a massive difference. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why do you have to buy duty free are your taxes so high you cannot afford?
snow conditions
What a halfwit. You get duty free because it's cheaper than the shop and your by chance getting on a flight or whatnot. Not because you can't afford it you plank.

"I can't afford my (insert your tipple) so I'll go buy a flight so I can get some duty free!"

Proof if ever it were needed that he's thick as pig sh1te. Laughing
snow conditions
@FattyThesixChinman, The Retail price of so called "Duty free" is vastly inflated so the shops can profit.

Folks walk into shops lured by the words "Duty Free" "Tax Free" without comparing the actual retail price elsewhere.

DYOR
latest report
@stanton, Another blanket assumption of other people's actions, well done.
The one true thing which isn't an assumption is that you are an ar*e
latest report
@geoffknight, Suckers spend money in the honeytraps (Airports).
ski holidays
Whatever your politics please be aware that plenty of EU regulations protect your rights. I wouldn't trust the C#@ts that run the country to be keen to create similar legislation post brexit.
snow report
@grumpygargoyle, We actually had pretty good regulations and rights BEFORE we joined the EU. Certainly our laws on casual employees were better than the EU's - but that discussion is best for another thread. Of course those of us that can remember before the EU are derided these days.... We have always been the fourth or fifth richest economy in the world, before, during, and, will be after leaving the EU.
latest report
I'm not saying we didn't merely that we've become used to EU rights n rules and it might be wise to keep an eye to see if anything replaces them.

I'm not making a value judgement on brexit - that is for another thread Happy
snow conditions
@grumpygargoyle, the Great Repeal Bill is supposed to copy all existing EU law into UK law, if it ever gets through parliament.
ski holidays
I'm aware of the great repeal bill, thank you. I'm afraid I fear the ruling party will take the opportunity to restrict our rights/cave in to which ever firms apply pressure/just f#@k it up.
Let's hope I'm wrong and everything will wonderful.

I was just merely suggesting it'd be a shame to lose stuff which benefits those of us that fly to the mountains.
latest report
That 'thank you' was politeness, I hope it reads that way Happy
snow report
grumpygargoyle wrote:
Let's hope I'm wrong and everything will wonderful.

I'm sure we can all agree with that!

Quote:
That 'thank you' was politeness, I hope it reads that way

Noted! snowHead
snow conditions
@grumpygargoyle,

UK the Bangladesh Sweat Shop of Europe..

Always has been ...
ski holidays
@stanton, careful, you'll make ppl so angry they'll melt the glaciers....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
@geoffknight, Suckers spend money in the honeytraps (Airports).

But you always use them to back up the lowest £€ rate in your other posts - love the irony
snow conditions
He’a Just a troll guys. Probably best not to feed him wink
ski holidays
https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/brexit-has-unintended-air-passenger-consequences.html
ski holidays
@stanton, what do you do all day, beyond googling shite and posting links?
ski holidays
Less compensation to pay and less EU bureaucracy mean cheaper UK flights.

Another win for Brexit.
snow report
@Whitegold, compensation has made airlines more efficient.

One of the reasons why Europen railways are so efficient is because the level of comoensation they have to pay for delays ...

Belgium pays for taxis

Switzerland is not even in EU but if a train is delayed and your miss a connection Swiss railways will oay for a taxi
ski holidays
Love it when Whitegold and stanton troll each other! Laughing

Bring on the popcorn! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Alastair Pink, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
stanton wrote:
@Whitegold, compensation has made airlines more efficient.

One of the reasons why Europen railways are so efficient is because the level of comoensation they have to pay for delays ...

Belgium pays for taxis

Switzerland is not even in EU but if a train is delayed and your miss a connection Swiss railways will oay for a taxi

European trains are so efficient because they waste $80,000,000,000 subsidising them every year...

Switzerland gets few delays because all the trains travel slower than a Swiss glacier. If they are behind schedule, they just squeeze the accelerator up to 30kmh and make up the time...
snow report
@Whitegold, We do not mind subsidizing if the system is clean efficient & can get you from A to B on time every time. It is PUBLIC transportation after all.

Swiss trains are driven by computer to adjust (speed speed up / slow down) for delays.

You obviously have never taken Swiss Inter City commuter trains i.e Zurich , Bern , Basel ?
snow conditions
Great Repeal Bill - but the Brexteers espoused the benefits of being free of EU regulation and the Great Repeal Bill will at a stroke remove this "benefit". Truth is there are so many EU rules that we would probably want to keep if they were listed for us that this is a nonsense situation to have got into.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy