Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome for Pembrokeshire, Wales, wins legal appeal

Poster: A snowHead
Artificial skiing/snow website snow365.com has released the following:

The £60m Bluestone Holiday complex, set in 500 acres of Pembrokeshire countryside in Wales has been given the go ahead after The Council for National Parks lost a final appeal at the House of Lords against the Bluestone development.

The Bluestone village, will comprise 340 timber lodges, a health spa, sports club and subtropical water world. A second phase will see the creation of an indoor snow dome.

The legal fight began after Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority gave permission in January 2004 for part of Bluestone to be built on park land. after the local council Oked the development, which should generate 900 jobs. In July 2003.

The Council for National Parks is a charity that works to protect and enhance the national parks of England and Wales. They claimed the scheme established a precedent which could allow development on protected parkland across the UK.

Welcoming the decision, Bluestone chief executive William McNamara said: "We are delighted with this decision which was not unexpected.”

-------------------
Anyone know this location, and have any views on this?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I walked the coast path this summer. The immediate contrast was with chunks of the SW coastpath which I'd walked in previous years. Dorset and much of Devon, for example, are overrun with holiday villages and caravan sites all along the coast. Pembrokeshire was, by comparison, quite wild. We saw foxes trotting along the path in front of us, more seals than we could count, and, amazingly, probably 3 people over a 4 day walk. This is a small country and we seem to want all of it for ourselves. On another note a good friend of mine is the chief exec of the CNP and I know how she'll be feeling this morning...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pembrokeshire is beautiful. For once, this snowdome must be unwanted by all?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The proposed holiday village and snowdome is being built nextdoor to this....

.....Hydro at Oakwood Park, so the visual impact is hardly going to be high. It is on farming land more than 20 miles away from the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, where ironically the monolithic structures of Milford Haven's petrochemical structures already dominate the landscape Puzzled
One argument against this development is the probable increase in visitors to the county, but Pembrokeshire's lifeblood is tourism.

Real snow 45 minutes away - now there's an enticing thought snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, is right, the proposed site is in south pembrokshire, where despite some fantastic beaches, parts of it are more industrialised than other areas of Pembrokeshire if you could ever call a part of Pembrokshire industrialised!

The most rugged and least populated area of the coastal path is in north Pembrokshire and it would be a shame to build such a large complex in that area. The road links are better in the south part of Pembrokshire also so it does make sense, plus it's considered the more touristy area with the likes of Tenby, Saundersfoot, Oakwood Park already here. My parents will wonder why I'm so willing to visit them! It would have been nice if they'd built this 15 years ago wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting. Walking along the coast path, I was mostly in N Pembrokeshire, neatly avoiding anything near Milford Haven.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okay so bumping an old thread.

Hi I'm new to this site.

I live in wales far from any in door ski dome.
I have been searching on line for any information and can't find any completion dates or even if these projects have started.
I currently drive for 3 hours and 41 minutes to the closest snowdome which seriously takes the biscuit..
Would be great if u snow heads could share some light on this topic for us Welsh snow junkies 😊
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've not heard any suggestion that the snowdome at bluestone is going ahead. Essentially they ran out of cash. There has been suggestions on and off of one in Cardiff or Swansea. My own view is that neither location will be a viable business proposition.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No chance of a financially-viable snowdome in South Wales. So it's gonna be plastic hills for a long time unless you fancy a long drive. Pontypool has a decent 200-250m long hill. Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@KY13B01, +1 for a really old thread being brought up again.
I am hoping the old plans will be resurrected one day for a fridge close to Bristol, it died a death a few years ago even though apparently the finances were In place but I think it was scuppered on planning issues. in my view it would have been ideal for the west country and south wales, having the m4 and m5 on its doorstep.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just been on holiday there, and defo no chance. Was talking to the staff about future developments of the park and there was no suggestion at all. The owner was going to build a new holiday park to extend the chain but that fell through with the recession. Certainly cant see a dome being built sadly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In theory, there is still supposed to be one being built in Cardiff next to the new ice rink in the sports village.

But I can't say I am all that confident Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah. Well that's a big let down.
So it seems I'll only get to go on snow once a year when I go away on the snowboard holiday. Plastic slopes it is 😢
Well if they did decide to build one for the West of the country it would be great in Bristol or Cardiff. Pembrokeshire would be ideal .
I live an hour from all of them places.
Well guys if you see any more new info on this please keep me updated on this post Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh this would be amazing! My caravan is just 5mins around the corner from bluestone. But as others have said, I'd be amazed if it happens. They don't even have a proper cinema in south Pembs! I thought the one in Cardiff was going ahead?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Definitely have a proper cinema in Carmarthen ok not quite pembs but not far lol
ski holidays
Best chance is the Merthyr Project

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=132884
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy