Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Peaks Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Has anybody stayed at sun peaks ? That could recommend a house for 8 people to rent ? Found a few but they are to far out of town.

many thanks

Bob H
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok ...... and please don't take this the wrong way ....... SP ain't the first place people flying 4k miles go to. Sorry.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No were is that far out of town at sun Peaks.
Try Crystal Forest there are some nice town houses 3 floors 3-4 bedrooms. Try allura we used them 2 yrs ago for a 3bedroom place it would sleep 9 i think. it was all of 3 min walk to morrissey lift and about 6 mins to village centre . The bus stops just outside the entrance to the car park. They are looking to run the bus until 9pm this year.
Trappers landing is the next development, shorter walk to morrissey slightly longer walk to town.
You could look for mcgillivary town houses ( last year they will be available as they are not supposed to be rented out on sort term rentals).
Timberline condos might struggle to get one for 8 people.
Trails edge just above Crystal forest.
Sundance drive ski in ski out but a walk to town at night but big 2000+ sq feet.
Then there is the residence at the grand very nice .....
Depends on the ages of the people going non skiers ......
PM me if you need more info (15 yrs at SP)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BCjohnny, Shush that's what keeps it quiet!!!
I hate sharing runs..........
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BCjohnny wrote:
Ok ...... and please don't take this the wrong way ....... SP ain't the first place people flying 4k miles go to. Sorry.

depends - you are super gnarly; we loved sun peaks (been twice). We would go back to Panorama, Fernie, Big White but sun peaks really suited our skiing level better
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, as you're aware most places in Ca rock, to some extent, and the vibe alone is so very different.

And, yes, be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing ...... I actually like Marmot Basin/Jasper as a whole (apart from the ride up the hill), and quite a few people think it's maybe not so good.

joneski as I advised Bones in another thread you can pack a lot of deserted runs into two months, lol ...... wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BCjohnny, you did Toofy Grin I still cant manage any longer though Sad But not for want of trying Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BCjohnny, 2 months!!!!
We have 4 weeks driving from Calgary via a couple of places to SP then a few days a Silver star then 8 days in Whistler Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joneski wrote:
No were is that far out of town at sun Peaks.
Try Crystal Forest there are some nice town houses 3 floors 3-4 bedrooms. Try allura we used them 2 yrs ago for a 3bedroom place it would sleep 9 i think. it was all of 3 min walk to morrissey lift and about 6 mins to village centre . The bus stops just outside the entrance to the car park. They are looking to run the bus until 9pm this year.
Trappers landing is the next development, shorter walk to morrissey slightly longer walk to town.
You could look for mcgillivary town houses ( last year they will be available as they are not supposed to be rented out on sort term rentals).
Timberline condos might struggle to get one for 8 people.
Trails edge just above Crystal forest.
Sundance drive ski in ski out but a walk to town at night but big 2000+ sq feet.
Then there is the residence at the grand very nice .....
Depends on the ages of the people going non skiers ......
PM me if you need more info (15 yrs at SP)
Thanks for that will look into it ! (sorry for the delay in getting back to you im down a crevasse and cant reply till my new email is registered with the group)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
joneski sounds almost like a proper trip ....... lol. Enjoy.

I've got to content myself with a couple weeks in Fernie next season, maybe year after though ....... Maybe someone ought to start a 'Who's up for two months in Canada 2019' thread ......?

Apologies to OP, thread drift ......
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BCjohnny wrote:
Maybe someone ought to start a 'Who's up for two months in Canada 2019' thread ......?

I'll probably be up for that - in fact make it 12! Madeye-Smiley wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Think I'll do 12 too@stuarth,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only non-residents need to apply ....... lol.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BCjohnny, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

Think were sorted thanks for the info ! @joneski
ski holidays
@bhard, Good! Now you need the lift passes and the lessons........
snow conditions
joneski wrote:
@bhard, Good! Now you need the lift passes and the lessons........

Hi can you recommend best (cheapest) way to buy lift passes, before or when we get there. Dont have lessons any more been skiing for 35 years now !
Started at Rossendale funny enough !
snow conditions
bhard, Lift passes - depends how long you are there for ? It may make sense to look at a season pass. if its a while - they often break even around 12 days or so. Or check the website for deals . Usually the earlier you buy the more you save.

Liftopia may have deals for SP and American Ski Classics may do passes too.
snow report
Cheap season passes were June. Then it was 8.5 days of skiing for a season pass.
Now 3 day pass $90 per day.
If you booked with one of the local agents they can get you cheaper lift passes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy