Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

M25 to Hemel Best times?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just been to Hemel for the first time and left rural Sussex at 5.50am and got there ,via Guildford A3 and M25, at 8.00am 2 hours ahead of opening time . The traffic from Guildford to HH was very slow but moving even though I got to Guildford at 6.45am . Coming back from HH at 2.00pm was much faster and took 1hr 30 mins.

I was thinking of maybe leaving later next time and getting to the M25 (J10) at 9.00am ish. Does anyone know if the traffic will be similar then or better / worse ?

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brnttptr, it will still be horrendous at 9am. It is always horrendous IME. you will also hit heavy traffic long before you get to the M25
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A3/M25 at that time is a flip-of-a-coin any weekday. Some days you'll fly through others you'll be sat for an hour. Leaving just 15 minutes earlier can often make a half-hour difference or more at the other end.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
M25 between Leatherhead and M4 can be a nightmare whenever. Weekends are not even the solution as the greater number of "off peak" drivers seem to increase liklihood of breakdowns or accidents. I'd suggest the only realiable weekday times are very early like you did or post peak 10am onwards. If you are hitting the M25 between 7.30 and 9.30 so is just about everyone else who needs to commute on a section.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brnttptr, we use google maps for journey planning, it allows you to enter either the time you would like to arrive or depart, I did 10 years of freelancing and most days were on the M25, I was only late a handful of times and that was mostly due to an accident or leaving later than planned, I was always on the M25 before the main rush hour so that helps with predicting journey times

M25 during rush hour itself adds a lot more variability to the journey time

If its important I also leave 15-30 minutes earlier than suggested
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for all of your replies. Looking at Google Maps (did not notice the arrive /depart feature before so thanks @Fish_Head) and adjusting the time it is very clear to me that leaving at about 5.45 is about as good as it is going to get for me. Every 15 minutes after adds extra journey time unless its hitting the M25 at 10.00 ish which is too late.
Feel very happy I don't have to use the M25 that often.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@brnttptr, leave at the same time, or even an hour earlier - but instead of Thursday go on Tuesday when Hemel opens at 7am Smile no traffic, best snow, what's not to like? (Apart from getting up in the middle of the night)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks@Tubaski Thats a great idea ! Might give it a go if I can get up in time! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are even some coaching sessions running at that time on a Tuesday if you need a few pointers to improve technique - they get quite a gang of regulars I think, which makes it a bit more sociable.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all for the tips and especially @Tubaski. I left this morning at 5.00am and arrived at HH at 6.30 am (The first time,in a very long time, I was able to drive on the M25 without variable speed limits). Skied from 7.00 to 10.00 and
after a late breakfast in the Lodge got back to Sussex by 12.00 noon. This is ,for me, is an almost perfect solution which cuts travel time by at least an hour and a half (on a good day ) and waiting time by the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@brnttptr, excellent! snowHead
Just wish I could get there myself on a Tuesday morning!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy