Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl for a newbie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Heading to Ischgl in January for my 2nd ever skiing trip and my first ever solo trip!... Think I'm terrified and excited in equal measure!.

General question, might be impossible to answer... Are most red runs similar in difficulty?. Know it might sound daft, I imagine they vary.

Perhaps I'm just looking for some reassurance and to be told 'everything will be ok'.

Maybe it's just that I'm not that confident... Went skiing for the first time this year in Levi and got on quite well (surprisingly well according to the group I was with who have skied for many years) heading down some reds at the end of my first day. I think my decade of street and park skating helped me a great deal.

The combination of going on my own and still being new to it makes me slightly nervous, still dying to get out there though!.

Feel free to reassure me and I'll think about it while rolling down the side of a mountain.

Dan
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found ischgl a rather easy place to ski, but we were there a good few years ago and it just hard packed piste and sunshine all day..... however if you're slightly nervous then get the gondola back to the town and avoid red piste 1, it was very very busy at the end of the day and very cut up.

Other than that it's a great place.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The red 'home runs' at Ischgl have the odder steep section. They're brilliant runs but best avoided at home time (ie from 3.00 onwards in January) when they're very busy and the standard of skiing can be reckless. I suggest considering down-riding the fimba gondola from the mid-station as a possible option.

All the reds up higher are 'normal' as I recall with the run over to Switzerland being a highlight.

Some of the blacks are proper black so be aware of that if you fancy giving them a go.

Cracking resort, cracking skiing - you'll love it. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there in April, and really liked the skiing over in Samnaun! Everything was better early on (except the lift queues which were bad) and we usually took the lifts back down in the afternoon, except once - when I had a bad fall in cut-up crud (admittedly going too fast). Liked one of the bars in the square by the main lift, with a witch theme. Never got to try the sky-fly zip wire, because it was always shut. Nice place though - enjoy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DDBEAU, great place. Everything on your doorstep.

If skiing down, follow the run down to Silvretta and not Fimba as it will miss the last sheet ice section.

Do 4pm session in each of the Trofana Alm and Kustahl.

Don't leave you skis unlocked as drunk people will accidentally or thieves will take (both happened on last trip).

Watch the ski show. It's great.

Do the tobogganing.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 11-10-21 22:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Your pass should cover Galtur and the skiing there is a tad easier/

But Ischgl is fine just down load at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The standard / VIP pass does not cover Galtur.

DDBEAU - Don't worry. Ischgl is a world class piste resort with fantastic Apres Ski, hotels, food etc. You'll love it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
downhillalltheway wrote:

A 6 day VIP pass gives you 2 days in Galtur.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TQA wrote:
downhillalltheway wrote:

The Silvretta pass covers Galtur. The VIP pass doesn't.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TQA wrote:
downhillalltheway wrote:

No it doesn't.

The 'standard' pass is the Silvretta Skipass which anyone can get and gives you access to the whole Galtur, Kappl and See areas in addition to the main Ischgl/Samnaun area.
If your accommodation is in either Ischgl or Mathon you can get one of the the VIP passes. These generally give you access to just the (largest) Ischgl/Samnaun area but there are also special 6 day "resort option pass" versions that give you the option of 2 'days' in Galtur/Kappl/See - but each resort you visit counts as a day, so ski Kappl and See on the same day will knock 2 days off your pass.

Peak season a week's VIP pass will cost you 247Euro and 258.50Euro for the resort option pass. A day pass to Kappl is 44Euro (32/24.50Euro after 12:30/13:30) so unless you know you're going to visit one of the other resorts and spend the whole day there you're probably better off with the standard VIP pass and just PAYG if you DO decide to venture along the valley.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy