Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working a ski season

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My son is planning a ski season and has been offered a role taking kids to ski school and entertaining them with Ski Famille

Has anyone worked a similar role with this company and did they have a good experience?

He's especially keen to know if he can expect to get any more skiing in than his 1 day off a week.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not familiar with Ski Famille per se but sounds like a nanny's role. No chance of extra skiing. IME, nannies are usually the resort's party animals and couldn't care less about skiing - that's why they take a 6 day/week daytime job (it pays well compared to chalet host etc. but with no skiing benefits).

If he wants to ski, he should look at a different role.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@philstor, in my dated experience, I'd agree with @Raceplate.

Nothing sure in life except ski resort nannies.

Death, taxes, nurses? Phwaw. Lightweights.

Also, no skiing other than days off I'd imagine.

Best ski for yourself jobs usually kitchen night porter or dishwasher. Least well paid, but that's why.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:

Best ski for yourself jobs usually kitchen night porter or dishwasher. Least well paid, but that's why.

Son #2 would most definitely agree.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with the above. All the nannies I met when I did my ski season never had time in the day to go skiing, and may have just managed it on their day off.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@philstor, we saw the Ski Famille 'nannies' for want of a better name for them here in Les Gets last winter. They have been around for years but we particularly noticed them as our four year old grand daughter had a couple of holidays here and each time skied with the 360 ski school, which us the one that Ski Famille use. Worked brilliantly for us as the nannies seemed to take Maggie under their wing as well as the Ski Famille children. One or two of the nannies appeared to go along with the classes and were there as an extra pair of hands to help out on the chair lifts, pick up the fallers etc.
There would always be a bunch of nannies around at the end of the classes to take the children back to their chalets or wherever they were going. We saw groups of them around the village all winter with the children. I did ask one of the nannies one day how much skiing they managed and it seemed to be just on their day off.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless philstor's son is planning to go to University for a few years to train to be a nurse I imagine this is a nannie role he is after not as a nurse.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hawkesbaynz, (sp) nanny
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, you've got too much time on your hands!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, conference calls... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The ski famille nannies in Les Gets look like they (and the kids) have a great time- I've seen them as pirates, sharks and dinosaurs in town. But ski time - hell no.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for everyone's feedback - sort of confirmed what we suspected. Looks like he's going to have a great time even if the skiing is limited!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
philstor wrote:
Thanks for everyone's feedback - sort of confirmed what we suspected. Looks like he's going to have a great time even if the skiing is limited!!!

I'd keep looking for other jobs...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
philstor wrote:

+1
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cad99uk wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
philstor wrote:

+1

+2. Nanny jobs are for people who have no interest in skiing.
snow report
+3
snow conditions
[quote="Raceplate"]IME, nannies are usually the resort's party animals and couldn't care less about skiing -
quote]

maybe he has a game plan and isn't going for the skiing ?? ! wink wink

my friend had the same approach when he joined Virgin as a steward ... he worked on the basis that 80 % of staff were women. of the 20 % males around 15 % weren't interested in women (?) ... he played the odds and had a great time
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy