Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fly drive to Stowe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been offered a week working as a rep for a British group in Stowe this winter. I'll need to hire a car an drive to the resort before the group get there, and I'm looking for advice on anything I need to be aware of. Are the hire cars generally kitted out for the driving conditions? Any particularly good or bad airports to fly into? Montreal looks like a good option with a 2.5 hour drive although that includes crossing the US/Canadian border in a hire car. Boston isn't too bad at 3.5h, I'm not sure I could do the 6h from NYC though.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thelem, we have driven up or Stowe from Boston airport two or three times, in a hire car, and the drive was fine, once we had got out of the airport car park. We also drove down from Montreal airport once. No hassle taking no the hire car, but I do recall it being an amazingly boring drive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A boring 2.5 hour drive sounds great to me, certainly much better then a drive up twisty snow-covered roads like you might find in the alps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thelem wrote:
I've been offered a week working as a rep for a British group in Stowe this winter. I'll need to hire a car an drive to the resort before the group get there, and I'm looking for advice on anything I need to be aware of.

If your receiving paid remuneration for your services I'd make fully sure that the insurance offered by the hire company cover this, or if you need to declare it as a 'business trip' rather than pleasure ........

Taking hire cars across international borders can often be a no-no, so I'd fly to the USA. Logan is about the closest, but depending on when you land Boston can be an utter nightmare to get out of .......

I'd also double check about the tires fitted ........

JMO
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boston isn't the "closest". Burlington is closer. But it doesn't have many international flights like Logan.

So, if you can fly direct into Boston, yes, that's a good option. But, if you have to change plane to get to Boston, I'd change plane to go straight to Burlington. Drive from Burlington to Stowe is only about an hour.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc wrote:
Boston isn't the "closest". Burlington is closer. But it doesn't have many international flights like Logan.

So, a bit moot then, in reality ...... I'd guess there's an airport close to Stowe itself, but getting an Airbus or 777 to land there might be a bit, well .......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy