Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shipping skis to USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, doing a trip to Utah next Feb 2018. As we will be doing a road trip after with a number of internal flights, taking our own skis with us is not practical as ski carriage will be expensive. Also comments turning up at hotels in Louisianna, Alabama and Florida with two ski bags!!

Has anyone used a shipping company to send their skis to the resort ant get them returned to the UK?

If yes, how much did it cost and who did you use?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seeing a lot of marketing by sendmybag.com
Have yet to try them but you can get a quote on their site easy enough.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just hire kit
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Consider seeing what you can buy them for at Level Nine too depending on your tastes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steveee

You're skiing first, then domestically (USA) voyaging afterward, correct? So, why any notion of shipping to the USA in the first place?????

Fly over with your kit......, complete your ski phase. Afterward, ship to Colchester via the (US) Postal Service who typically are the lowest in cost and quite fast, too. It's that easy. If the Postal Service would not take your boxings which I seriously doubt, then UPS, DHL or FEDEX.

Cost............? Somewhere around $80.00 USD (boots in box and skis in carton an additional - $$ - $20.00) or so per person on approximation. So factor about $100.00 USD range per.............
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it feasible to ship skis from Utah to wherever is your depart point for returning to the UK (to the last US hotel at which you are staying)? That would probably be much cheaper than shipping all the way home.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Just hire kit
we have good quality skis (will take our own boots) and to hire equivalent is around £30 per day. For 10 days, for 2 people works out around £600 Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mr. mike wrote:
Is it feasible to ship skis from Utah to wherever is your depart point for returning to the UK (to the last US hotel at which you are staying)? That would probably be much cheaper than shipping all the way home.

Flying Virgin Atlantic, ski carriage works out £240. Looked at sendmybag..com and works out £204.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try:

https://uk.interparcel.com/
https://www.parcelhero.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The big issue with using a shipper is ensuring that you're not liable for VAT, excise & a customs clearance charge when they're 'imported' back in to the UK.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone used sendmybag.com?

Prices are consistantly cheaper than the rest (£241) and they even include return in their pricing!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used sendmybags.com two years ago to send two pairs of skis to the Dolomites, they arrived OK and were waiting in our room when we arrived, returned home with no problems, would happily use them again.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just a quick update.

After much prevarication, I decided to ship my skis to Park City. Went onto sendmybag.com website and started to enter details. Initial estimate was £240 including additional insurance. However, when I entered more details such as bag dimensions, price leapt to around £400 Twisted Evil
So, back to plan A, I.e. hire. Hotel I'm staying at is offering a 20% discount which works out at $400 for 2 people for 10 days for mid range skis. With exchange rates improving, hire is now more competitive.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was in Washington DC in December and sent a couple of soup bowls to the wife's friend in San Francisco. Paid a little extra to ensure they arrived before Christmas. 90 bucks!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy