Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New EU Travel Rules Post Brexit

Poster: A snowHead
Quite a lot of Infornation you will need to supply

“EU Travel Information and Authorisation System” (ETIAS)

Health (infectious diseases)
Education
Employer (Position name of Boss)
Convictions (racism ,xenophobia)
Passport valid for 3 months

http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-9763-2017-INIT/en/pdf

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 6-08-17 12:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How do you know? Nothings been agreed yet Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@martinm,

This is the Draft.

Could effect a lot of Brits travelling to the EU as you will fall under the NoN EU status until a deal is done unlikely before March 2019.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, the UK is part of the EU until it leaves, right up to the last day.

We have valued EU employees (2) and have looked into it. We also travel a lot (currently in Tokyo typing this) and I'm familiar with visa entries. Only 2 countries that I've came across that have lots of paprrwork are India and Saudi (until you mention you are going to one of King Abdullas flagship places). PS I know he is dead it was years ago and this is a major point.

Years of travel without a visa problem.

I'm reapplying for my India visa when I get back next week and I know it can take up to 3 weeks (but is usually a week.).

The only person I know who gets hastle at borders is my south American friend who has an Italian passport issued in Uk while living in France and she doesn't speak Italian.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:

Education

Ace

I'm hoping it's the same in reverse.

I'm sure I heard somewhere they plan to do the same with the Scots after indyref and the Welsh after WindyWef too. Thank God for that....

And back in the real world......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, i know the UK has not left yet and imo probably will not leave.

I was just providing info about the proposed new system.

Whatever way you look at it ...it will be more hassle than the freedoms you were used to in the EU.

Those Hooligans you export to the the sunny places may find it difficult when they have to give their employers name etc
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, Is this the same EU that was objecting to the UK proposal for checking the records of all EU citizens living in the UK, because it was an invasion of privacy.

Anyway, in a passport queue how are any of the first 4 going to be checked in real time? How would points 1 and 4 be dealt with? Both presumably would cause the person to be refused entry on the way in to the EU, but presumable let through on the way back to the UK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well if it is applied in reverse I know one xenophobe that we will not be welcoming - result!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
negotiation 101- start with the shocker.

This is like when my husband asks what I want for Christmas and I start with a Mercedes and end up with a Fitbit.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.etiaseurope.eu/

Seems just like an ESTA. It'll be valid for 5 years. No big deal.

People wanting to ski an entire season might not like the 90 day limit in any 180 days.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
negotiation 101- start with the shocker.

This is like when my husband asks what I want for Christmas and I start with a Mercedes and end up with a Fitbit.

Laughing Laughing

OH starts with a Merc and ends up with SFA.....but you are still in the extended honeymoon period Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pruman wrote:
People wanting to ski an entire season might not like the 90 day limit in any 180 days.

They will have to get a Schengen visa.

BTW this has nothing to do with post-Brexit (except that the scheme is only scheduled to come into operation in 2020), only with sad fact that Britain isn't a member of the Schengen area.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pruman wrote:

Same 90/180 applies in CH at the moment and has done for years. Everyone just ignores it - as long as you keep your nose clean nobody cares.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike wrote:
Pruman wrote:

Same 90/180 applies in CH at the moment and has done for years. Everyone just ignores it - as long as you keep your nose clean nobody cares.

Switzerland might not care but a number of EU countries like France Spain and Italy are applying the 90 in 180 rule rigorously to yottie cruisers from non EU countries

When caught 1 or 2 days over it is usually ignored 20 + days gets a fine around 700 euros and a entry ban to ALL Schengen countries for 1 to 5 years. Usually one year. Which is tough if your boat is stuck back in the Schengen country.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/etias-brexit-schengen-area-british-passports-online-visa-a7879876.html
snow conditions
YAWN! The usual Stanton post, Admin, please can you change his name to Thrush? Because he's an irritating c..t
ski holidays
@tangowaggon, hey chillout, anger management therapy?

I did not write the piece in one of your national newspapers.

Just providing info as many folks in here will never of heard of ETIAS.
latest report
Seens to picking up momentum in the UK tabloids

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/635480/Etias-Europe-Schengen-passports-permits-holidaymakers
ski holidays
Nothing like using the Daily Star to get your facts...... Toofy Grin
latest report
The proposals are simply similar to the US ETSA and were in place before the referendum. An online application that authorises people from outside the Schengen zone to travel to the Schengen zone.

It's hardly onerous or costly.

It's highly likely to be reciprocal once Brexit happens...so a nice revenue stream for HMG.

(It's almost nice to see that the EU is finally starting to take border security seriously....)
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, the facts are in the first link i posted in the OP.
snow conditions
@Hurdy eu security has always been top. There is a whole eu security bureau based in Poland. Ans we have Europol.
We also have ID cards.

The UK has far more terrorists.. No ID system . No idea who or how many people live & work illegally in the UK. They even used Social Benefits to carry out attacks in Europe.

The UK is the European safe hsven of islamic terrorists
latest report
I'm sorry Stanton but I do not agree.

In my experience travelling into the Schengen area by plane, train or boat has been laughably easy. A quick check of the passport page is all that usually happens....no checks against the Schengen Information System or other watchlists. It has also been the same when leaving the Schengen area...again, in my experience.

It's good that the Schengen states have finally decided to take border security seriously.

Whilst I agree that London was, until recently, known in some circles as Londonistan I think you'll find that things have changed. According to the International Centre for Counter Terrorism (based in The Hague so must be brilliant) the majority of Islamic State's European recruits came from Germany and France (with the UK at number 3). We do have our own home grown terrorists (the IRA, UFF etc) but then so do other countries.

The UK does have an ID system...they are just called passports and are more useful as you can travel to places outside the EU with them.

No-one knows how many illegals live in work in the UK as they do not want to advertise themselves. No one knows how many people are living and working illegally in any country.
latest report
@stanton,
Your motivation behind making this post has nothing to do with providing information, it is just another chance in your bitter little mind to criticise or abuse the UK. Why are you so full of hate? Did you get turned down by an Englishman when you approached him in the toilets?
ski holidays
@Hurdy, UK does nit have an ID system

Passports are only issued if you apply for one to travel outside ofcthe UK and you must pay for that privelege.
Therefore not everyone in UK has an ID and cannot be formerly on the spot checked by the Police.

The rest of what you quoted about Terror is nonsense.

Where shall we start..Shoe Bomber, Underpants Bomber...Mass Airline liquids Plot

Terrorists funds being laundered in British Tax Havens (cayman,Jersey,IoM etc) aided byv the City of London.

All Brits are checked entering Schenge, people get waived through but there generally not beards & burkas therfore not a threat but everyone is foto'd.
latest report
Morning Stanton,

I'm afraid that you are wrong again...I know it's a habit but do try to keep up dear boy.

The UK does have an ID system...we do not have an ID card system. There is a difference. You are correct in that you need to apply for a passport and that you must pay for it. But then you have to pay for everything these days...

I am sorry to see that you believe the statistics I quoted are nonsense but I understand your scepticism as they do not support your narrative.

I'd rather not get into a game of "My terrorist is better than yours" as it's unedifying and childish.

Terrorism funding exists all over the world I'm afraid...but at least the UK tries to make it harder for them to enter the country by carrying out checks on everyone entering or leaving (unless they do so by illegal means).

I do not understand your "beards & burkas" comment. Are you saying that the EU only checks people looking like this or wearing these clothes? That's a bit foolish. Are you saying that everyone with a beard is a terrorist? That's an awful lot of people....I imagine that there are enormous queues at the airport if you are stuck behind a flight full of beardy people.

Plus terrorism has many forms, not all of whom have beards or wear burkhas....extreme right wing, anti abortion groups in the USA, ETA.

Good talking to you.
snow report
stanton wrote:

Terrorists funds being laundered in British Tax Havens (cayman,Jersey,IoM etc) aided byv the City of London.

That's OK, cos according to you the City of London is moving to Belgium and Germany next year so it'll no longer be our problem Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurdy wrote:

The UK does have an ID system...

Which is what please?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love the way people are bothered about a bit of a queue for their once a year trip to Shagaluf, like that is the worst thing that is coming their way in this process.

Laughably trivial. Embarrassing that this is headline news, when the EU is privately debating whether our negotiating strategy is to "Do a Boris" - appear to be absolutely inept, shambolic and unable to formulate any kind of strategy, right up to the moment where the curtain is pulled back and somehow we've come out winning.
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Hurdy wrote:

The UK does have an ID system...

Which is what please?

Yes please elaborate??
snow report
@Mike Pow, over ?16? NI numbers seem pretty important.

Certainly in and out of Geneva airport, passports are currently actually being scrutinised and checked against something.
snow conditions
Hurdy wrote:

I do not understand your "beards & burkas" comment. Are you saying that the EU only checks people looking like this or wearing these clothes? That's a bit foolish. Are you saying that everyone with a beard is a terrorist? That's an awful lot of people....I imagine that there are enormous queues at the airport if you are stuck behind a flight full of beardy people.

They are te biggest threat right now would you not say?

I do not recall Manchester, Brussel,Stockholm, Paris, Nice, London being attacked by plain christians, Jews etc.

Beards and Burkas is Profiling the security have to filter their search engines ....
snow conditions
I came home from Montpellier airport last Saturday - absolutely no queues to speak of and plenty of flights all over the place, including three to London while I was there. So I think the reporting is, as usual, over the top. Not to say people haven't had horrendous problems but my understanding is that it was Spanish strikes that made it doubly bad. The only queues were at Gatwick Immigration, where as usual, there weren't enough Border Force staff (thank the previous Home Office minister for that ...) and the automated machines were overwhelmed.

At least the UK has a 'hard' border (other than in Northern Ireland). I don't know how countries like Switzerland, France and Germany etc. handle border security - it must be almost impossible for them to control movement. And even the N.I. / Republic border must surely be moderated by the fact that the Republic is itself an island. So I'm not really that worried by any need to get Visas for the EU, if it turns out that we need to. It's more the inconvenience of not being able to use EU channels at the airports.

I suspect that anyone who voted for Brexit will probably be willing to accept a hefty degree of personal inconvenience re. Visas and queues into Schengen for what they perceive as other benefits. Conversely, if you voted for Remain it will be another downside to add to the list of perceived problems resulting from a strategy that was simply aimed at keeping the Tories in power. And if you're worried about international terrorism then you'll say that you can't have more security without longer travel time. This one will run and run .....

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 8-08-17 10:40; edited 3 times in total
latest report
Hurdy wrote:
but at least the UK tries to make it harder for them to enter the country by carrying out checks on everyone entering or leaving (unless they do so by illegal means)..

Focussing in the wrong area i.e EU. terrorists are not coming to the UK from the EU.

UK´s problem is ALL Home Grown.

In fact Belgium Terrorist lived in the UK .
snow report
Bcck to OP

Education

snow report
@LaForet, "I suspect that anyone who voted for Brexit will probably be willing to accept a hefty degree of personal inconvenience "

Errr, on the basis that they were unhappy with a mythical loss of sovereignty they' be happy with a tangible inconvenience?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
Quote:

I'll be a series of tick box declarations probably. If anything like ESTA it'll be easy peasy because it has to be to cater for the lowest common denominator. Only issue would be if you do happen to have infectious diseases or criminal convictions.

Quote:

I suspect that anyone who voted for Brexit will probably be willing to accept a hefty degree of personal inconvenience

I don't think this has anything to do with Brexit, it's all about Shengen.
ski holidays
Pruman wrote:

I don't think this has anything to do with Brexit, it's all about Shengen.

The extra hassle of a visa is for Third Countries.....which the UK may well be, as a result of Brexit.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 8-08-17 13:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@LaForet, Schengen borders can close at any time and do. Surprise Check Points pop up over night. This happens on the border NL/DE/BE quite often. Douane/Police are often on the trains between these countries checking Passports.
snow conditions
IT is NOT to do worth Brexit. This has been in the workings for some time.

It is just that The UK will fall into the THIRD Country table.

Criminal Convictions
Employee Status, addresses
Name Address etc

False info will get you barred for 5 yrs plus

Will scare a few people in the UK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy