Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Birmingham airport hotels and parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying from Birmingham (early flight) and will be looking for two weeks parking. The budget is not as important as the convenience and also being able to get to the airport at an ungodly hour.

Any suggestions or indeed, places to avoid?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Book early and use the airport's own on-site parking, you won't beat it for convenience. If you book it now, you might well be able to get a fortnight in Jan or Feb for £50 - £60. Carpark 5 has a shuttle bus, but is on-site and easily walkable with luggage in 5 minutes, I never bother waiting for the bus. You might get 4 for a decent price at this point, too.

https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/airport-parking/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nineveh wrote:
Book early and use the airport's own on-site parking, you won't beat it for convenience. If you book it now, you might well be able to get a fortnight in Jan or Feb for £50 - £60. Carpark 5 has a shuttle bus, but is on-site and easily walkable with luggage in 5 minutes, I never bother waiting for the bus. You might get 4 for a decent price at this point, too.

https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/airport-parking/

+1 for this. Also, if you need an inexpensive hotel there's an Ibis Budget which is ok.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for booking early for best price, both car park and hotel if you need it.

Airport's own on site parking easily most convenient and about £5-£6 per day for a 2 week advance winter booking.

Car park 5, open air, usually best price. Walkable for most (10-15 mins) but not necessarily pleasant in cold/dark with heavy luggage. Shuttle bus works fine.
Occasionally the covered multi-storey (Car Parks 2 and 3 I think) better value price than open air. These an easy 5 mins walk from departures.

Best value on site hotel usually Ibis. Also a short drive (10 mins) from airport you have a Travelodge, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed in the Ibis at Birmingham airport and just left the car there. It was about a 10 minute walk to the airport with cases. Not sure we'd want the walk with skis etc...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When heavily loaded up, I've sometimes delivered the rest of the family and all the luggage to the drop-off zone, very near departures. Costs a quid or two. Then driven off alone, parked the car and returned unburdened. Needs maybe an extra 15 minutes, if using one of the long term on site car parks, but saves much struggling with heavy bags.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is Valet parking at Birmingham operated by NCP but book it through Meteor or Purple Parking and it's the exact same service and the same guys but for about half the price.
If you want a hotel the Novotel is opposite the terminal or Ibis next door.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ibis Styles is pretty good. Standard chain hotel but close to the station and airport link. Not sure on the parking though as I arrived on train. But pretty easy to get to the airport on foot if they can do a parking deal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I travel from Birmingham all of the time because I live close to there. I usually drop my car off at APH near hams hall in Coleshill. The transfer is about 15 mins and you can get cashback from them by using topcashback.co.uk.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I've booked Car Park 1 for two weeks and a night in the Novotel for less than £200. A bit of comfort and super convenient. 😎
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy