Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Info wanted!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I have just got a job at la plagne 2000 for the winter. Can anybody answer a couple of questions for me please, any info is welcome.

What is the nightlife / apres like?
Is it easy to access other parts of la plagne at night?
Does the resort have a good atmosphere?

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you going to be working out of interest?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La plagne centre in a chalet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pretty decent free bus runs around the various ski villages till 11pm - midnight see

http://www.la-plagne.com/station/acces-station/navettes.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Plagne 2000 and La Plagne Centre are linked by a cable car 'Telemetro'.
Nightlife is what you make it.... Do bear in mind La Plagne is marketed as a Family Resort.
Lots of detail about La Plagne can be found here www.perso-laplagne.fr
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiskiskiski,
1. I'm sure you will be so concientious with your Chalet Job you will be too tired to go out of an evening. Just take your kindle. Its all you'll need.
2. There have been problems recently with the 2000/Plagne Centre Telemetro, and often replaced a shuttle bus. Please do stick to the standard public transport. If you have been up late discussing Proust with like-minded colleagues in Plagne Centre, be very careful about walking up to 2000 in the dark. A young lad tried that a couple of seasons back, and ended up frozen to death in a stream.
3. The resort has a lovely atmosphere, what with all the various Proustian discussions, and the excellent local policy of shooting any drunks found wandering the streets.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are in Centre you should be okay. Most of the nightlife is situated there. The buses all shut down around midnight so anything later you'll either walk or find a mythical cab.

Your going to be getting up early 6 days a week so you'll be thankful that there's not too much.

In the satellite areas there are nearly always a local bar the seasonaires go to.

I worked La Plagne 1800 in 2005 and we mostly got merry in La Mine. If we went to Centre it meant a walk down the slopes. In all seriousness there were some close calls and as others have said alcohol and late nights mixed with snow do not mix and there have been deaths.

Meribel it is not. But it's okay. Enjoy the pistes it's a great place to ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy