Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking lessons direct with the ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do resorts in Austria have ski schools that you can book lessons direct with? 2 of our travel group dont want to book their lessons through a TO and would prefer to book direct when at the resort...(they are a bit stingy regarding money)
Is this significantly cheaper? Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never booked child lessons with a TO -just turned up at the school HQ. However it may be advisable to book online with the schools in advance in certain resorts at busy times of year. Adult turn ups were told that the classes were full in Kuhtai last Easter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't believe there is any practical difference in price as prices easy enough to check on internet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Can't believe there is any practical difference in price as prices easy enough to check on internet

If anything prices generally appear lower if you book lessons through a TO. The drawback is that you don't really know what you've actually booked (what ski school, level, etc.) Recent experience of our group was that turning up in resort then booking works out more expensive than booking in advance (and doesn't seem to have any advantage over pre booking with the ski school).

Either Google or the resort website will tell you what ski schools are available. Most ski schools have a perfectly good website.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At busy times it can be essential to book in advance. In mid December 2016, before Christmas, I couldn't book lessons at half term February 2017 - all, private and group, were booked solid. In the two (French) ski schools I use there is no price difference booking in advance or on arrival. There are no TOs, so no idea what difference that makes.

Of all the elements of a ski holiday on which to economise, I'd put lessons at the bottom of the list. Group lessons are pretty cheap compared to much else in ski resorts! Quality of lessons can make or break a holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As others have said, IMO it's much better to book direct with the ski school - you can explain your level, what you want to work on etc. Only risk is you book the wrong week as I once did... Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy