Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Final Outcome La Grave Lift Decision

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ce soir lors du conseil municipal de La Grave dédié à ce seul ordre du jour, à l'unanimité, les conseillers municipaux ont approuvé le projet de contrat avec le futur nouvel exploitant des Téléphériques des Glaciers de la Meije, la SATA (société d'économie mixte exploitant l'Alpe d'Huez), pour les 30 prochaines années :
-Rénovation des téléphériques et des cabines,
-3ème Tronçon jusqu'à 3600,
-Démontage des installations obsolètes,
-Rénovations des restaurants.

@ bientôt donc pour de nouvelles aventures ensemble.

So basically SATA who run Alpe D'Huez have a lease for the next 30yrs
Refurb the cabins
New station at 3600
And renovation of restaurants

As a coincidence we're seeing friends who run the Edelweiss Hotel in LG on Monday so will get their take, but at least there will still be a lift running as another friend whose hubby is a LG guide posted on Sunday on FB "well that's it for the season, and will we ever see the lift open again?" which I was quite surprised at.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, overall, that looks good news. Doubt I'll ever ski La Grave again, but have spent many happy days there. I'm glad the fun will go on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, Had a look on https://mairie-lagrave-lameije.jimdo.com, is it on a different site?

or were you there last night incognito!?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@howiet, the wonders of FaceBook
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Initially it looks like good news. However does anyone know if there is anything in the agreement with SATA to prevent them constructing pistes in La Grave in the years ahead?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Heard that SATA will make an official announcement mid May !!

In the meantime yesterday took this pic on a ridge below Montagne de Chaillol having toured up there with La Meije and Girosse in the background.
It was feckin windy and a severe windchill hence one of Les Chiens looking distinctly pissed off.

This is the first year since 97 that I have not skied in LG, although I've been over there twice actually waiting in the lift queue only for it not to open Sad

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
Heard that SATA will make an official announcement mid May !!

In the meantime yesterday took this pic on a ridge below Montagne de Chaillol having toured up there with La Meije and Girosse in the background.
It was feckin windy and a severe windchill hence one of Les Chiens looking distinctly pissed off.

This is the first year since 97 that I have not skied in LG, although I've been over there twice actually waiting in the lift queue only for it not to open Sad

t

Cute. The one on the left is definately thinking "hurry up and take the picture" though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy