Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brian Head Resort, Nevada

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been here? Left Tahoe this morning due to strong winds and rain/wet snow closing down the majority of the resort. Currently in a motel in the town of Ely Nevada looking for somewhere to head tomorrow. I've stumbled across a ski resort called Brian Head. Just checked the forecast and up to 18" of snow is due over the next few days! Has anyone ever been here or heard of the place before?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, skied there in the late 90s for a weekend when I was coaching the Park City ski team. Sadly I don't remember much about it though (mind you that was nearly 20 years ago...). Not big vertical as I recall, but as per anywhere else in the world if the snow is there then there will be fun to be had...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ricklovesthepowder, Its very popular with the pilots and crew of a certain UK long haul airline (run by a bloke with a beard) during layovers at Las Vegas - heard good things.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway, Richard Brianson? Toofy Grin
Well the snow forecast looks decent which is a good start. I shall report back. Fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@offpisteskiing, 1300ft vertical, it exactly huge but not bad either. It has the highest base elevation of any ski Utah resort at nearly 10,000ft which is impressive. Looking forward to tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ricklovesthepowder, Enjoy, looking forward to the report, its drizzling in Tignes!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, except it was in Utah. And I snowboarded.

Brian Head is mega - it looks like Bryce (sort of), except with snow you can ride. It's about 3 hours north of horrible Vegas, so a handy retreat from there. In SLC the weather was very warm last week, so you may get spring conditions. There's not a lot around there, so it's a "locals" place rather than a table-dancing & vomiting resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@philwig, having come from Heavenly at Tahoe, we've done the table dancing and overpriced side of things. Looking forward to skiing somewhere different. We had actually thought that would have been the end of the skiing until we checked into the hotel in Ely, NV and I spotted the "ski resort" symbol on the National Geographic road atlas we have. There is some decent snowfall expected there over the next 48 hours!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway, I shall report back. Hopefully get an afternoon of skiing in today and then tomorrow as well. Just looked at some of the pictures it looks stunning!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cedar Breaks is pretty stunning - as phil said a mini Bryce. Only mountain biked there - the ski lifts are essentially on top of the plateau. Hope you are going to go to Zion as well while you're there
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, & @Ricklovesthepowder, Bryce and Zion both worth a look if you have both time and transport.

And you'll see them without the summer hordes wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I remember orange coloured rocks and white powder, with civilized friendly locals. I stayed somewhere local, where I felt they'd probably never seen an English bloke before. They served American pizza and local beer. Please capture photos if you can as I did not.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a ski shop owner there who is a fan of Munchen 1860 - you can probably share some stories of supporting the less accomplished club in a city in the absence of canals for your usual ents.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
@Ricklovesthepowder, Its very popular with the pilots and crew of a certain UK long haul airline (run by a bloke with a beard) during layovers at Las Vegas - heard good things.

Might get your leg over too wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ricklovesthepowder, Just remembered something ........ if you're travelling through, or decide to stay in Cedar City there's a place called the Market Grill. A western style restaurant located near the local auctions. Probably ate the best steak I've ever had there. Breakfast the next morning wasn't bad either. Friday night is all pick-up trucks and best cowboy shirts.
snow report
A prettyish momandpop resort known for its weekend powda between the trees.

snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, If you are heading to Brianhead, its as Phil says, not a lot around there, scenery is great though, try Eagle Point too, if its open while you are there. Just up the interstate to Beaver, then off there. If you think Brianhead is quiet, Eagle is a Ghost town Toofy Grin

We skied both last season when in UT, both had good snow and were fun places. The road to Cedar Breaks will be closed, but can be seen from Brainhead. Kolob Canyons just down the interstate is a free canyon drive, showing red sandstone and is again like a mini national park, worth the 15 mins it takes.
Cedar Breaks from Brianhead.

You could also try the Depot Grill if in Cedar City, excellent food when we were there.
snow report
Just arrived and checked in. We went from sunny and 18c in the valley, it's now snowing and set to snow all night. Tomorrow could be fun!
snow report
Just woke up, checked clock 11.53pm, looked outside and there had to be 9-12" fresh snow, and it's still snowing hard. This is forecast all night too. Just been stood at the window for 20 minutes staring outside. I'm like a child on Christmas Eve!
snow report
Quote:

Might get your leg over too

Careful what you wish for....... wink

@Ricklovesthepowder, Enjoy Christmas Day!!!
ski holidays
What a fantastic day and an amazing little resort! Photo of the day just doesn't do the conditions justice. My all time favourite ski day.

ski holidays
@Ricklovesthepowder, Result. Well done you.
ski holidays
ha ha ha, looks quiet too, excellent!
snow report
@philwig, zero lift queues. Skied straight on but we had to leave at 1pm as we drove to Moab. Arches national park this morning then monument valley this afternoon.
snow report
What a great story. Glad you had a good day (and night before).
snow report
@Ricklovesthepowder, brilliant snowHead
latest report
If you're in Moab - you are within touching distance of Aspen and Telluride
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Great result, nice to have the fresh snowfall. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Little hills on a pow day with no lift lines are usually more fun than big hills with big lift lines and no fresh snow for weeks...YMMV.

Could be good, or it's already looking pretty good in UT for some fresh snow this weekend.
ski holidays
We headed over to Moab last night, today we have done Arches national park, monument valley and have arrived at Page/Lake Powell. Time for a week earned beer!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy