Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any ideas on how to get a ski bag to Lech for less than £130

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says, theres no room on the flight for my skis so looks like Ill have to hire in Lech which seems rather pricey.

Tried a few of the ski bag couriers, sendmybag looked good and the online quote came in at about £80 but then they added loads of hidden charges and it came in at about £135. I certainly wouldnt recommend these it seemed like they just made it up as all the charges were completly different to whats quoted in theur T&Cs.

So, has anyone any ideas on how I can get my bag there for less? Or failing that any tips for ski rental companies over there?

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used parcel2go.uk to St Anton for similar reasons. I think it was a bit cheaper, but not much if booked last minute (as this one was). If you've time for a 7 day delivery, you should be able to get it significantly cheaper
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks,

parcel2go.uk come in at around £115 each way though for a 3-5 day delivery and they dont seem to offer any cheaper ones
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could be a bit of a gamble and very cheeky but maybe see if somebody on the flight would put your skis in with theirs? throw them a few quid. Probelem is you're stuck unless somebody can take the skis back with them if you've a lift to the airport.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm - i wouldn't do that with my skis and, if someone I didn't know asked in th eAirport I would politely decline and you are a bit stuffed if not one obliges.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.luggagemule.co.uk/ quoted me £52.99 one way.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@medlington, fly BA.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try DB SCHENKER.
proper courier and good value. We normally use DHL but their special solutions division quoted me £1295 for my latest parcel (I asked why and they said, oh we just book through someone else).

Lufthansa recommended DB Schenkere. Same Parcel £119.

Not skis and sent air cargo to Asia
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimastaaah wrote:
@medlington, fly BA.

+1
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interparcel? About £18 for UK delivery. Might be worth having a look
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where are you flying to?

If Innsbruck, you could bus into town then pick up some skis there? Train to st anton and post bus to lech...

A lot of faff to save £50 or so though Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can UPS a 15kg 190 x 30 x 20cm ski bag from the UK to Lech via Interparcel for £40.85
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That was the cost of my diesel return !!!... rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@medlington, which airline is this?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy