Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale Resort Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Passo Tonale Italy 28th January - 4th February

Resort Facts

1883-3000m Passo Tonale with runs down to 1200m (Pontedilegno)

90-km piste incl Presenna Glacier and Pontediligno

Passo Tonale itself is a small resort on a pass linking Trentino with Lombardy. Skiing is mainly on south fracing slopes above the tree line, although the other side of the valley has the Presena Glacier and runs down to Pontediligno, which are both north facing.

Snow Conditions:

A massive dump of snow on the 27th Feb before our arrival shut the airport, however by saturday the runway was clear (just). probably 50cm at Bergamo airport. At least 1 metre of fresh stuff in Passo Tonale.

We had clear blue skies and sunshine all week with temperature upto 5 degrees. The pistes held up well and are still in good condition, but there is a bit of grass showing off piste, due to the strong sun.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Away day to Madonna di Campiglio

Our Airtour Rep sorted out a free bus (1.5 hrs) for us and the Madonna lift pass cost us 35 Euro.

Our lift pass excluded the villages of Marivella and Folgardia, so in total we had 70 km of piste. We easily covered all areas in the day. Stunning scenery and very pleasurable runs (nothing too extreme). Lunch incl beer cost 13 euro, so was reasonable.

Our Hotel

The Gardenia is a family run Italian hotel, 3*. Food was good and plentiful, only disappointment was the room, no balcony or mountain view, but didn't spent much time there as we were either skiing or in the bar. Other good bars are the magic par and the very Italian Pattinocea, were the lifties drank
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Overall

An excellent trip, very good conditions all week. The resort is mostly red runs and easy blacks. Probably a good resort for a 3rd trip. I did find the extent of the terrain a bit limiting and had to cover the same runs again and again, however the conditions made up for it. Mrs JB also had a great time and is confidently doing blacks on her 7th trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want to know more I will happliy ramble on, but that's it in a nut shell, photos to follow. Caio
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Johnboy,

If you hired skis when you were there, can you recommend a hire shop? We're back there in a few weeks but didn't rate the hire shop that our tour op. recommended last time.

Cheers,

Clive
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Clive, I had my own skis, but hired blades for the day. Sorry, don't remember the name of the shop, but it was on the main car park, beside the cafe cadi at the bottom of the alba lift. They were basic, but fine and only cost 12 euro for the day.

My wife hired skis from the Nuevo (something). 35 euro for the week
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy