Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli caught in avi

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://trentinocorrierealpi.gelocal.it/trento/cronaca/2017/03/05/news/elicottero-precipitato-a-campiglio-escluse-vittime-1.14981021
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Madonna, I think. I see a big insurance claim going in somewhere.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The title of you post seems incorrect.

Google translating the article it says "For reasons yet to be ascertained the helicopter - belonging to the Fire Brigade Unit of Trento - it has gone down."
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
The title of you post seems incorrect.

Google translating the article it says "For reasons yet to be ascertained the helicopter - belonging to the Fire Brigade Unit of Trento - it has gone down."

Highly likely, I took it from another forum where they said it had been taken in a slide.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was sort of near a machine which ended up rather like that late last year. I know nothing about *this* one other than what's linked here.

The one I do know about was fairly typical. If the pilot loses visual reference then the most likely thing (other than getting away with it) is that they'll put a blade down, in which case things end up pretty much like that photograph quite rapidly. Blades have a fair bit of momentum and you don't want to be sitting in the front when things go wrong like that.

Summary: it looks like they probably just caught a blade.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of my favourite "chopper down" images, taken in the Cairngorms
snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[b]@philwig...er...this, not due to problems with lack of visual reference, but downdraught (rotor) over the ridge...

http://youtube.com/v/IEbMJuyRnHc

This one is lack of visual reference....

http://youtube.com/v/Py5HE7EOuPE

This one is near us. It's what they do in the summer...in the Llama which has done so many excellent rescues and lifts around us....

http://youtube.com/v/XAi3TRsSsBI
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It appears to have been recupero-ed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy